Hospitality Chef/Second Chef
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £16 per hour
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SDX/TP/1863481/120555
- Posted January, 17, 2024 6:38 AM
Job Introduction As a Chef at Sodexo in Scottish Parliament , you will work under the guidance of the head chef and be responsible for managing a section of the kitchen, ensuring that all dishes...
- Prepare and cook dishes according to recipes and specifications
- Assist in menu planning and recipe development
- Train and mentor junior chefs and kitchen staff
- Comply with all Company and hospital policies and procedures, and statutory regulations, including health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire, COSHH.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and organised
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent at least 2 years plus working as a chef
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent culinary skills and a passion for cooking
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect
- Unlimited access to an online platform offering mental health and wellbeing support.
- Employee Assistance Programme to help with everyday issues or larger problems where you may need additional support, including legal and financial advice, support with work related issues or personal issues such as bereavement.
- Access to a free health and wellbeing app that provides rewards for maintaining a healthy lifestyle and includes access to a 24hr virtual GP and various other services.
- The Sodexo Discounts Scheme, offering great deals 24/7 (also open to friends and family) and/or the prepayment cashback card.
- Money Insights and financial benefits via the Salary Finance Platform.
- Save for your future by becoming a member of the Sodexo Retirement Plan
- A death in Service benefit for colleagues who pass away whilst employed by Sodexo
- Opportunities to enable colleagues to grow and succeed throughout their career at Sodexo, including apprenticeships and a variety of learning and development tools.
- Cycle to Work Scheme to help colleagues to do their bit for the environment whilst keeping fit.
- Volunteering Opportunities to enable all colleagues to help support worthwhile causes in our communities.
- Flexible and dynamic work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Full training and full protective uniform supplied