Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 122071
- Posted January, 22, 2024 10:56 AM
We Make Morrisons… From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s fourth largest supermarket we are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK over almost 500 stores and an online...
From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s fourth largest supermarket we are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK over almost 500 stores and an online home delivery service.
Our business is mainly food & grocery and, uniquely, we source & process most of the fresh food that we sell through our own manufacturing facilities. We’re recruiting for a high performing Night Manager to help our business to continue to grow and succeed.
Our colleagues work hard through the night to make sure our stores are ready for the thousands of customers who will walk through the doors the very next day. As Night Manager, it’s your job to lead and empower our colleagues to ensure our stores are always customer ready.
Reporting into the Store Manager, you will also:
- Lead and empower colleagues to always put the customer first and deliver outstanding customer service
- Listen and respond to our customers feedback and react accordingly
- Ensure market leading availability across the store.
- Work with the other Managers in store to lead a supportive and performance driven department
- Efficiently manage all people routines, taking accountability of department(s) scheduling, absence, performance and talent conversations
- Deliver training to ensure team have the capability and confidence to deliver their role
- Enable colleagues to work with confidence across various departments
- Identify and develop talent within the department
- Build effective relationships with other operating departments
- Lead colleagues to work with purpose, delivering outstanding performance against all relevant targets across the department(s)
- Take a leadership role within the store
- Ensure resource is planned thoroughly
You will play a vital role in our business and have a huge impact on our success so not only will you receive excellent training, support and continued development but we will also offer a competitive salary and superb benefits package.
Our benefits package not only includes a generous bonus but you will also receive an attractive pension scheme, private healthcare. We also offer a 10% discount card for your friends or family members giving you 15% off your shopping in Morrisons.
No doubt you'll have shopped in our stores before, but why not take a look at some of the areas our customers don't see, such as our warehouses and colleague canteens to get a real taste of life at Morrisons. Explore using our 360 tour here.
What do we need from you?
- Experience of managing a team in a fast paced environment
- You will need to be a great communicator who can share knowledge, experience and best practices
- You will need to have the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across all areas whilst remaining flexible
- You must be adaptable to change, whilst being able to challenge effectively
- As a Senior Manager, you will actively listen to and respond effectively to customers and colleagues