Assistant Manager - Little Dobbies
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: DO11666
- Posted January, 22, 2024 3:45 PM
An exciting opportunity is taking place here at Dobbies, and we want you to be a part of it. We are opening a brand new Little Dobbies store in Cheltenham in early spring, which will...
An exciting opportunity is taking place here at Dobbies, and we want you to be a part of it. We are opening a brand new Little Dobbies store in Cheltenham in early spring, which will be located in Cotswolds Designer Outlet – a new premium shopping destination in the heart of England. We are not your average garden centre, we are much more than that, our brand is recognised throughout the UK. Our store will be one of our biggest ones yet, set up to the highest of standards, and standing as a beacon of quality and design among all our stores across the UK.
About the role
Our club plus members are at the heart of what we do, so exceptional customer service and driving member loyalty is our main priority. To play an essential role in delivering this we are looking for an Assistant Manager for our brand new little dobbies store. A smaller and perfectly formed version of our larger centres within walking distance from home. It’s bursting with gorgeous houseplants, gifts, homeware and gardening essentials.This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of something new.
- Overseeing the store operations, maximising profitable sales and growth while creating a unique customer focussed environment.
- Managing the loss prevention, health & safety, stock management, plus the management of out of hours replenishment.
- Taking the lead in creating a great place to work for everyone on a day to day basis whilst thinking ahead to ensure your team have a development journey with Dobbies.
- Sparking your team’s passion for delivering the best customer experience possible by creating a brilliant customer journey.
- Working closely with our central support teams, maintaining top notch communication, stock supply and response.
- Ensuring compliance and health & safety regulations are carried out across the store, whilst caring for employee and customers welfare at all times
- As a member of the senior management team you will also have duty manager responsibilities including key holder duties.
- You’ll bring operations expertise with proven experience of retail operations management.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of budgets, profitability from driving retail sales and improved ways of working.
- Ability to identify training needs. You'll be effectively coaching and training all levels ensuring our teams are delivering a first-class customer experience and safe centre environment.
- You'll act quickly and enthusiastically to changing priorities, workload and new regulations or requirements.
- Positivity managing change, you'll lead the team through each season with care and motivation to deliver the best.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Fantastic team member discount to be enjoyed in the store, restaurant and foodhall
- Access to Wagestream where you can track your earnings in real time and access a portion before payday to cover unexpected costs
- Thriving culture; the Dobbies team are passionate, diverse and committed to our customer
- Stakeholder pension with shared employee and employer contribution.
For 150 years, the Dobbies name has stood for quality. During this time, we've been proud to provide the very best products and expert advice to gardeners throughout the UK. With over 575,000 club plus members, our main priority is exceptional customer service.
Today Dobbies is the UK's largest Garden Centre retailers with stores across Scotland, England and Northern Ireland. Naturally, we have one of the biggest and best ranges of quality plants and gardening equipment around. You don't have to be an avid gardener to enjoy Dobbies because, as well as having everything to make your garden grow, we have everything you need to simply relax and enjoy your garden – and much more.
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.