Building Maintenance Technician
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 857431
- Posted January, 26, 2024 8:09 AM
About the role Our Maintenance Technicians work collaboratively with Tesco colleagues utilising core skills and experience to deliver an exceptional service keeping our estate safe, legal, compliant, and operational. Should you be successful in your...
About the role
Our Maintenance Technicians work collaboratively with Tesco colleagues utilising core skills and experience to deliver an exceptional service keeping our estate safe, legal, compliant, and operational.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence and have these specific risk responsibilities:
- Ensuring all Tesco sites are a safe and functioning environment for customers and colleagues.
- Following the planned work schedule to achieve first time fix, maximising productivity, and effectiveness.
- Delivering high quality work standards across the estate, with year-on-year improvement.
- Communicating and building effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Working closely with team members, sharing best practice and knowledge.
- Using problem-solving skills and innovation to identify and develop solutions for key and common issues.
- Own tasks at a local level through to completion/resolution, informing key stakeholders through the process, where required.
- Own your development through progression of the maintenance pathway.
- Drive your own monthly 1-2-1 schedule with your line manager.
- Using mobile devices; phone and tablet, to drive best practice in work completion and updates.
- Use the business systems to drive best practice in WON reporting to support asset lifecycle management.
- Representing the Tesco brand following business ways of working, demonstrating values led behaviours, a positive attitude & taking pride in wearing the Tesco uniform.
- Attending local and national meetings, providing valuable input and feedback.
- Supporting KPI delivery, through the practical application of skill sets, and effective use of business systems to drive achievement of your own set KPIs.
- Supporting a diverse and inclusive culture.
Key people and teams you will be working with:
- Field maintenance teams
- Retail colleagues
- Delivery leadership team
- Tesco Business Services
- Operating Centre
- Maintenance support
- Training and learning partners
- Systems teams and contractors
People, budgets and resources you will be accountable for:
- Legal compliance & statutory requirements
- Stock & inventory management.
- All company issued equipment – appropriate use and care
You will need
- Full driving license
- Health & Safety awareness
- Communication & stakeholder management
- Office 365 knowledge
- Completed all technical training upskilling modules relevant to skillset
- Bricklaying & Masonry
- Roof construction and maintenance
- Cement / Concrete preparation
- Groundworks & Paving
- Tiling and Flooring
- Plastering & Dry walling
- Completion of a Recognised Apprenticeship or Improver Programme or Trade Proficiency Test
- Bricklayer C&G 6217, 6314, 6619, 6219, 6570, 6715or NVQ or equivalent or B/TEC ONC/HNC Construction and the Built environment
- Digitally confident; can comfortably operate mobile phone and tablets to view workload, emails, teams, and use of business systems
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click Here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
At Tesco Property – Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
We’re a big business and we can offer a range of diverse full-time & part-time working patterns across our many business areas, which means that we can find something that works for you. We work in a more blended pattern - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us about how this can work for you - Everyone is welcome at Tesco.