Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £27,000 per annum
- Bonus scheme available
- Full Time
- Contact: Lilac Miller
- Posted January, 26, 2024 11:27 AM
The ideal candidate will have experience in the beauty or wellness industry but we would be interested in applicants with a different background in a customer facing industry. The role involves leading a team of 5.
- Manages the efficient and profitable running of the spa
- Actively markets the salon to both maintain and increase client numbers
- Responsible for the entire team including reception.
- To lead by example demonstrating the highest standard of professionalism at all times.
- Complete a comprehensive check of the salon before it opens and during the day, arranging for any necessary changes to schedules etc to be carried out.
- Carry out room audits every day to ensure high standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicating the Sleeping Beauty culture of service to clients and staff.
- Encourages and motivates the reception staff to ensure high standards of performance and delivery.
- Manages the day to day staffing of the reception desk ensuring adequate staffing at all times.
- Ensures the reception area is presented to the highest standard.
- Manages all reception activities and ensures that all client bookings/bills are dealt with courteously and efficiently.
- Ensures the smooth running of the reception area in particular with overall responsibility for cash and paperwork procedures.
- Takes overall responsibility for all daily banking and the management of the petty cash.
- Ensures that accurate records are kept of all client data and that it is reviewed and updated regularly.
- Reviews the notice area to ensure it is well presented and up to date and all staff have read notices.
- Completes the risk assessments of Health and Safety issues and takes action to meet the legal requirements, keeping the salon directors fully informed.
- To plan future staff requirements to maintain staff levels and fluctuations in trade through the year.
- To discipline and guide all members of staff to create a happy working atmosphere for the benefit of both staff and clients.
- To ensure salon cleanliness and maintenance is in keeping with the company’s general policy on services.
- To communicate through all staff levels
- Company policies and procedures
- Staff changes
- Company plans
- Management’s satisfaction or dissatisfaction
- Feedback from clients
- Delegates appropriate tasks for therapists to do when they are not fully engaged with clients.
- To monitor, motivate and encourage the team to reach their own financial targets
- Completes the daily huddle sheet and maintains target sheet.
- To ensure a daily meeting is held or everyone has read the huddle sheet each day.
- Follow the specified marketing plan and execute all aspects to the best of your ability.
- Carries out One-to-One reviews monthly to go over retail and ratios with individual staff members.
- Carries out appraisals and performance reviews as and when required.
- Communicates and records any issues/complaints from either staff or clients and passes to the complaint form to directors if appropriate.
- Provides induction training for all new staff to include job descriptions, health and safety, fire safety and evacuation procedures.
- Carries out First Aid training and administers first aid when required.
- To attend meetings as/when required.
- Adheres to financial guidelines as laid down by salon directors.
- Manages retail sales, setting targets and reviewing current sales.
- Increase salon turnover in line with targets, analysing past and current performance and identifying areas of improvement.
- Has overall responsibility for ensuring salon makes monthly targets.
- Liaise with product companies, reviewing current ranges, identifying new products and potential promotions with the salon directors.
- Manages budget to order stock, maintaining adequate stock levels and ensuring value for money.
Canadidates should have experience in a supervisory or management role and experience in either the beauty industry or similar industry working in a public facing role.
79% MatchPosted by Sleeping Beauty SalonFrom £24,000 per annumFull Time
Sleeping Beauty Salon have a vacancy for a full-time or part-time qualified beauty therapist to join our team at our Fort William location. Candidates should have SVQ Level 2 Beauty or equivalent, excellent customer service skills and a passion for the industry.