Events and Leisure Development Manager
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £45,568 to £48,172 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: ARB13764
- Posted January, 26, 2024 2:37 PM
Department: LiveArgyll, Commercial Operations Closing Date: Friday 16th February 2024 There are a wide range of services being delivered within liveArgyll for the benefit of local residents and visitors. This role is mainly focused on...
Department: LiveArgyll, Commercial Operations
Closing Date: Friday 16th February 2024
There are a wide range of services being delivered within liveArgyll for the benefit of local residents and visitors.
This role is mainly focused on our Halls and Leisure provision.
liveArgyll currently have a strong track record of delivering a wide ranging programme of live entertainment events and activities in our four halls, and our leisure provision continues to grow across our seven gyms and four swimming pools.
Recent live acts who have played in our halls include:
• DJ Ewan McVicar
• Karen Dunbar
• Paolo Nutini
• Francis Rossi
• Ocean Colour Scene.
We’re keen to continue these type of large events, whilst also developing our programme of festivals, community events, comedy and music shows, food/drink events etc.
We would especially welcome applicants who have specific experience in working in the events industry and who have the passion to drive a programme designed to maximise growth, while ensuring a varied calendar of events.
As the Events and Leisure Development Manager, you'll have the opportunity to make a positive impact while enjoying the flexibility of working remotely.
Your role will involve providing leadership and strategic direction in relation to event and leisure development of the business.
You will assist with the development and implementation of an innovative, growth focused events and leisure plan, ensuring that profitable business growth is accelerated and that commercial success is achieved.
All duties are included in the Job Specification, which also contains the key priorities below:
• Review existing products, services and markets including leading on marketing, market research and analysis and producing business plans/recommendations (including all associated costs and forecasted revenue for the business), to ensure that all business development opportunities (new events, products, services and markets) are optimised.
• Develop partnership and commissioning activities, developing new and existing relationships to explore and implement innovate commissioning opportunities – namely with promoters, artists and leisure providers. The position offers the following fantastic package:
• Be part of an incredible team dedicated to community well-being
• Enjoy the flexibility of working remotely
• Engage in exciting work within a vibrant charitable organisation
• Access opportunities for personal and professional growth
• Enjoy the benefits of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Receive a generous annual holiday entitlement package
• Leisure Membership for your health and well-being
• This is a Permanent full time position working 35 hours per week which will include evenings and weekends.
Applicants should note that:
• This post is suitable for job share.
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
If you would like clarification on any information contained within the vacancy advert and/or the job description you will require to speak with the recruiting manager, who is Alex Edmonstone, Commercial Operations Manager on 01436 658737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you cannot apply for this vacancy by contacting the recruiting manager, applications must be made by clicking on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
Please also note that we do not accept CVs, only applications completed and submitted via the Apply Now button on this page.
70% MatchPosted by Lochaber Housing Association£12,940 per annumPart Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a professional, highly motivated and efficient individual to join our well-established and successful service. As an Administrative assistant you will be at the forefront of contributing to the smooth operation of our Care & Repair & Handyperson services.
70% MatchPosted by Macdonald Aviemore ResortFull Time
We are recruiting for the role of Special Events Executive to join our team, a popular resort set in the heart of the Cairngorm National Park. The resort boasts 4 hotels, 18 woodland lodges, a spacious conference centre, an on-site cinema, luxury shopping, extensive leisure facilities and an impressive 18-hole championship golf course.