Logistics Technician (Warehouse)
- £25,651 to £31,350 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 193775
- Posted January, 30, 2024 5:12 PM
Mowi Feed is the feed manufacturing division within Mowi, the Global leader in salmon farming, processing and marketing. Having entered production in June 2014, Mowi Feed has quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of...
Mowi Feed is the feed manufacturing division within Mowi, the Global leader in salmon farming, processing and marketing. Having entered production in June 2014, Mowi Feed has quickly established itself as a competitive supplier of salmon feed playing a key role in supporting Mowi Farming in its delivery of high quality, nutritious, safe and sustainable salmon.
Currently operating from its factories in Kyleakin, Isle of Skye in Scotland and in Valsneset in the Trøndelag Region of Norway, Mowi Feed has an annual production volume in the order of 500,000 tonnes per year. We manufacture a broad portfolio of conventional and organic feeds for both fresh and seawater phases of salmon growth in Scotland, Ireland, the Faroe Islands, Iceland and Norway.
The Role – LOGISTICS TECHNICIAN (Permanent)
Mowi Feed is seeking a highly motivated person to be a part of our logistics team within our Operations Department. The role covers a range of operational tasks: from intake/receipt of all dry and liquid raw materials (in both bulk and bag form) from a range of vessels and vehicles, right through the supply chain to the loading and despatch of finished product bags, with an array of tasks in between. Most tasks are quite physical so a Logistics Technician requires a good level of fitness and flexibility.
The feed plant runs 24/7, 365 days of the year and the successful candidate will be required to participate in a shift rota.
The duties undertaken and key responsibilities will include:
- Intake, sampling and processing of all Raw Materials in dry and liquid form, for both bulk and bag deliveries;
- Ensuring materials are stored and filled correctly and in good time to ensure continuous running of production lines;
- Bagging out finished product into a range of bag sizes; stack and store safely within appropriate areas of the warehouse whilst maintaining accurate records of stored volumes;
- Packing, storing and loading all Finished Product bags to a range of vessels and vehicles in a timely and efficient way to ensure all order requirements are met;
- Creating, maintaining and developing a safe working environment for all, continuously improving routines and safe systems of work;
- Working together with vessels and vehicles to ensure safe operations around the site and pier through clear communication;
- Ensuring adherence to Company Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures;
- Ensuring work areas are maintained to a high standard;
- Supporting other operational departments when required.
The above will involve a combination of forklift driving and operating different machinery, some heavy and some at heights.
- Good communication skills which requires fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Well-developed IT skills.
- Experience working to health and safety guidelines;
- Being confident working with technology and machinery, some at heights;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
- A flexible and responsive approach to work, with the ability to take responsibility and justify actions;
- Enthusiasm for accepting new challenges and opportunities to learn with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Ability to demonstrate the capacity to successfully work shift routines, as well as having an openness to working rotating shift patterns;
- Experience working in a busy warehouse, and with both vessels and trucks, would be an advantage;
- Holding a driving licence and machinery tickets is also preferred. Training is provided on the necessary machinery.
Mowi Feed offers:
- A starting salary of £25,651 during the probation period, and an increase to £31,350 thereafter
- An annual bonus scheme of up to 10% of annual salary
- A great place to work with colleagues who are passionate about what they do.
- An informal and diverse working environment with international contact.
- Challenging work tasks and continuous development, and opportunities to develop into the wider business.
- There are excellent career opportunities locally, and opportunities to develop into the wider business internationally.
The place of work will be the Mowi Fish Feed Plant at Kyleakin on the Isle of Skye and the position reports to the Operations Manager. For further information, you are welcome to contact the Operations Manager, Ben Dalgety, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce; we are an Equal Opportunities employer. To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please note, we retain the right to close this vacancy or keep it open subject to volume and quality of applications. We would therefore encourage candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
85% Match PopularFrom £33,520 per annumFull Time
Skipper Lochboisdale Basic Salary from £33,520 per annum Plus additional shift allowances Ability to earn up to 15% per annum in an annual bonus We are currently looking for a passionate and highly motivated individual...