Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £11.03 per hour
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SDX/TP/1117004/121231
- Posted January, 31, 2024 6:33 AM
Job Introduction About the Role At Sodexo, we are passionate about everything we do, and we believe that good food really has the power to bring everyone together! As a Kitchen Assistant , you’ll prepare...
About the Role
At Sodexo, we are passionate about everything we do, and we believe that good food really has the power to bring everyone together!
As a Kitchen Assistant, you’ll prepare and create beautiful dishes here at Upperdeck - Glasgow Airport
Serving our guests with a smile and a friendly manner means we’ll be helping to create great experiences and a fantastic atmosphere!
You’ll play your part in getting the world moving again and brining families together!
You must be able to provide 5 years working history and 5 years address.
A few things about you
We want you to bring your great team spirit, fantastic communication skills, and your top-notch customer service with you, when you join us. Don’t forget your attention to detail and organisational skills too!
Sodexo embeds a strong safety culture in everything we do. There will be company procedures to follow alongside our Health & Safety practises, so it is vital that you'll champion this.
- To plan, deliver and present the food and beverages as per the Lounge specification. Interact with customers by explaining the food and beverages on offer. Gauge needs and make recommendations to meet the exact needs of the customers.
- To ensure that all stock is checked in and stored away correctly. Keep back of house areas clean and tidy at all times.
- Assist the chef with the presentation of all food and beverage, ensuring quality, quantity are consistently monitored, maintained and display is as per set specification.
- Ensure buffet and stock levels of all food and beverage items for a la carte service are properly maintained and replenished regularly as required and in accordance with food and safety standards. Control and monitor hygiene standards as per HACCAP.
- Ensure personal and food hygiene, as well as housekeeping standards in the lounge food services areas and kitchen are adhered to, as per company policy.
- Ensure that at the end of each service the kitchen is cleaned down and ready for the following shift.
- Ensure that back of house is kept clean and tidy at all times, including fridge and freezers and other store areas.
- Ensure that all products stored or displayed are date coded, stock rotated and labelled correctly using the shelf life rule.
- Ensure that sufficient preparation is completed for the following shift.
- Adhere to standard recipes and food specifications and knowledge book and plating specifications.
The Ideal Candidate
- Kitchen experience
- Highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Lounge experience
- 28 Hours per week
- 3 days on 3 days off
- £11.03 per hour
- Hours will be 0415-1245 on the 3 early starts and 1230-2100 on the 3 late starts.
- Many employee benefits, rewards and recognition.
- Car would be advantageous due to early starts.
- Must meet vetting requirements.
About the Company
We’re Experience Makers.
And go-getters, fanatic foodies, and community pillars.
At Sodexo Live! build a career where ‘everyday’ is anything but normal. Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring personality, your background, and your desire for delighting others. In return we’ll give you all you need to thrive.
We Belong to a team that feels like family, ACT with purpose and be inclusive, Thrive in our career, while able to Be Live in the moment creating exceptional memories.
After giving it all, you’ll return home knowing that you’ve played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
Because at Sodexo Live! we’re so much more.
Be part of something greater
Why choose Sodexo Live! –
At Sodexo Live! we believe in making every moment count, for the guests we serve and for our team members. We take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet, making every event a positive story worth telling. Whether at high-profile sports venues, cultural destinations, corporate events or once-in-a-lifetime social functions, you won’t just craft the moment… you’ll be immersed in the action. As part of the Sodexo Live! team, you belong to something greater. You bring people together and make a real impact in local communities through the power of shared experiences. You have the opportunity to gain the skills to thrive for a long-term career with a team that is inclusive and always ready to embrace the moment.
Globally Sodexo Live! contributes to the success of events such as Royal Ascot, the Tour de France, the Rugby World Cup and soon the Paris 2024 Games, and showcases exceptional venues such as the Eiffel Tower Restaurants, Bateaux Parisiens, Yachts de Paris, the Royal Academy of Arts in London, the Museo del Prado in Madrid, the Hard Rock Stadium, the Scottish National Gallery, and the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles.
Other venues in the UK include, Fulham FC, the ACC Liverpool, and Edinburgh’s magnificent Signet Library.
Sodexo Live! is part of Sodexo which provides catering, facilities management, employee benefits and personal home services to 100 million consumers daily in 56 countries. At Sodexo we believe in the difference a day makes. That’s why we are proud to focus on people’s essential needs: we see them as key to improve the quality of life. We know that by focusing on the tangible, the real, the concrete improvements, day after day, for millions of people, we have a big impact not only on individuals but also on society and the planet. We believe it all starts with the everyday.