Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: DO11724
- Posted January, 31, 2024 9:46 AM
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technologist to join our Governance team based in our Central Support Office in Lasswade. You will play an integral part in Dobbies ‘own-brand’ product development. You will ensure...
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technologist to join our Governance team based in our Central Support Office in Lasswade. You will play an integral part in Dobbies ‘own-brand’ product development. You will ensure that for each product all packaging includes the appropriate standards, specifications and certifications. You will ensure all sign-off procedures are in place whilst working closely with Dobbies Marketing, Buying and Legal teams. You will assist in the management and implementation of systems across the business to ensure the safety of Dobbie’s business, stores and our products. Our Technologist role offers a hybrid pattern of home working and working from our Central Support Office. You can choose to work more frequently in the office if you'd prefer.
- Assist in management of Dobbies own-brand artwork.
- Focus on management on legal and regulatory compliance in both food and non-food products.
- Check all own brand artwork for technical and legal requirements and compliance.
- Co-ordination of fulfilment of technical requirements through specifications for each area of Dobbies business including Food, Christmas, Outdoor Furniture, Gardening, Pet and Home.
- Holder of key product information – specifications, testing certificates, assembly instructions, pre-shipment reports and artwork files across all categories.
- Building relationships with Dobbies suppliers & managing the day to day supplier approval systems including the Sedex platform.
- Manage the emergency product withdrawal process for any defective products.
- Set up of and implement an On-Pack Recycling Label system across the Dobbies own-brand range.
- Assisting in the management of the COSHH system across all stores.
- Develop a product release system for Outdoor Furniture and Christmas in-line with Specifications/Pre-Shipment Reports.
- Manage the minimum unit pricing for alcohol system across the Scottish and Welsh stores.
- High level of computer literacy, including word, excel and power point.
- Highly numerate and literate.
- Keen eye for detail and ability to spot and manage errors quickly and efficiently.
- Meticulous attention to detail, particularly in artwork checking.
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to handle pressure, multiple deadlines and moving goalposts.
You’ve done a good job when….
- All own-brand products meet legal and statutory compliance.
- Dobbies has accurate and efficient technical processes.
- Dobbies customers are safe and the brand is protected.
What we offer
- Holiday – enjoy a well deserved break with 33 annual leave days per year (pro-rata for part time)
- Discount – treat yourself with generous uncapped discount across our stores with 50% off in our Restaurants, 25% off in the Garden Centre and 10% off in our food halls
- Hybrid working – a combination of office and home working to help balance your work life balance
- Pension – save for the future with our company contributed enhanced Group Pension Plan
- Season ticket loans – spread the cost of travel with an interest free loan
- Access to Wagestream – support your financial wellbeing, with ability to access earnings ahead of pay day, save for the future and financial advice
- Access to Retail Trust – seek confidential support, free counselling service and discounted retail rewards with our employee wellbeing platform
- Access to Dobbies Academy – continue your development with our eLearning platform and development programmes
- Study assistance – invest in your professional development with funded courses and qualifications
- The little things to keep you going through the day – free tea, coffee, and milk
- Collaborative office space – with access to our wellbeing room, and book swap
- Invites to our annual company conference, summer and Christmas social events
- And more including…Life assurance, eye care, cycle to work scheme…oh and a dog friendly office
For 150 years, the Dobbies name has stood for quality. During this time we've been proud to provide the very best products and expert advice to gardeners throughout the UK.
Today Dobbies is UK's largest Garden Centre retailer with stores across Scotland, England and Northern Ireland. Naturally, we have one of the biggest and best ranges of quality plants and gardening equipment around. You don't have to be an avid gardener to enjoy Dobbies because, as well as having everything to make your garden grow, we have everything you need to simply relax and enjoy your garden – and much more.