Learning & Development Manager - Bon Accord Care
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £50,293 to £57,508 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: ABC10750
- Posted January, 31, 2024 10:21 AM
Job Description "Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of...
"Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this linkand the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for. If you are new to the caring profession you should check to see if it is the career for you by going to http://www.aquestionofcare.org.ukand trying their interactive video challenge".
Location: The Learning Hub, Croft Road, Aberdeen
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
At Bon Accord Care, we support thousands of people across Aberdeen City, helping them live safely within their own homes and local communities, maximising their independence and quality of life. We offer a broad range of services, predominantly focussed on older people; rehabilitation and enablement, that promote choice, dignity and respect.
We are currently looking to recruit a focussed and dynamic Learning and Development Manager who will play a pivotal role in developing and implementing learning strategies and a culture that will shaping the future success of the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity if you are seeking to make a significant impact. You will be responsible for ensuring that the learning and development experiences from day one, through to succession planning and developing career pathways, is exceptional. You will equip our services to deliver exemplary care and support, by planning the training and professional development for the people across all our services, ensuring everyone is supported to their full potential.
- To provide innovative solutions to facilitate the strategic direction of BAC
- To manage and lead the Learning and Development Team effectively
- To manage the overall function, including training delivery, SVQ facilitation, and external business provision of the L&D Service from both a strategic and day to day level
- Promote young workforce development including Foundation and Modern Apprenticeship programme, supporting solutions, and best practice to enhance employability in our local area
- To ensure robust, close alignment to service requirements and organisational goals
- To provide the highest standard of service delivery and improve the range of services for staff and service users
- To promote consistency, and adherence to national, local and organisational Policies and Procedures
- Maintain Close links and communications with Senior Leadership teams across BAC and Aberdeen City Council Adult in-house Services
- Support ACC Adult in-house services training, including SVQ training requirements
- Overall management of the L&D Budget
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
To hold a Learning Development or training qualification at SVQ 4 level or equivalent
Management or Leadership Experience in a Health and social Care Environment
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
To lead / manage a service maximising resources; enhance the quality of the service ensuring efficiency and best value.
To promote equalities, human rights, regeneration, health and safety and sustainability within all areas of responsibility.
To recognise and account for customer needs and seek solutions to meet them
To work creatively to resolve problems whilst adhering to existing Bon Accord Care policy and standards
The ability to engage with others, establish and maintain successful working relationships across a variety of forums.
To communicate effectively with a range of audiences, including delivery or presentations and training courses
To identify training needs and to develop and deliver training that meets company, policy and legal developments
To critically evaluate practice and give feedback in a developmental way to candidates, assessors and stakeholders as required
To effectively manage resources, including effective management of teams and financial resources to achieve excellence in service delivery and organisational capability.
To prioritise and delegate workloads and deadlines, motivate, supervise and guide staff for effective service delivery
The ability to review, evaluate and manage change, including identifying training needs of staff to ensure training is available for continuous improvement
Please see Job Profile for further details
71% MatchPosted by Aberdeenshire Council£23,355 to £23,997 per annumPart Time
Job Description Lead, as a key worker, in the provision of person centred care with holistic support of individuals, in a community or residential setting, whilst promoting equality and choice for all. Responsible for development,...