Housing Policy Officer (Enablement)
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £39,219 to £44,227 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: ANG04969
- Posted January, 31, 2024 1:15 PM
Job Description Based at Angus House, Orchardbank Business Park, Forfar. This job is workstyle 5 - Flexi. You will have the opportunity to benefit from our flexible and agile working practices. This means you will...
Based at Angus House, Orchardbank Business Park, Forfar.
This job is workstyle 5 - Flexi.
You will have the opportunity to benefit from our flexible and agile working practices. This means you will work from home for part of your week and spend some time in council buildings to best suit your work, meetings and collaboration.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team that works with a range of partners which include Registered Social Landlords, private developers, empty homeowners and other internal services to provide affordable housing.
Post holders will have a Housing Market Area and will work with others on a range of initiatives and projects aimed to increase the supply of affordable housing. This includes:
- taking the role of Housing Service Project Manager for council new build developments working directly with colleagues in our Housing Asset Service which includes Architects and Quantity Surveyors.
- purchasing properties from the open market, both the second hand and new build markets in line with established procedures.
- negotiating with private developers on the affordable housing requirements of planning obligations ensuring these requirements are reflected within relevant Section 75 agreements and preparing accompanying delivery packages.
- working with and supporting empty home owners to return their properties back into use.
- improving the supply of and access to housing for people with particular housing needs such as wheelchair users.
- ensuring Scottish Government grant conditions are met, preparing grant returns, and providing monitoring information as required.
- contributing to the development of Angus' annual Strategic Housing Investment Plan (SHIP).
We are looking for a creative individual with great negotiation skills to work co-operatively with others to deliver affordable housing which makes a difference to the lives of our customers.
If you would like to discuss the role in advance of applying please contact Jacky Adamson, Team Leader – email@example.com.
Please note interviews will be held Monday, 11 March 2024.
Please refer to job outline and person specification for further details and requirements for this job.
About Angus Council
Please refer to the "applicant guidance" document when completing your application form and to the "welcome to Angus" document and our website https://www.angus.gov.uk/jobs_and_training/working_for_angus_council for more information about working for Angus Council.
We are happy to discuss flexible working during the recruitment process for this position. This means we are open to a conversation about working patterns and the flexibility that is available for this role whilst managing the workload.
We offer a guaranteed job interview to the following people who meet the essential criteria on application for a job:
Those with disabilities, recognised caring responsibilities and care experienced young people. This also applies to our own employees with caring responsibilities, young people on apprenticeships and placements who meet the essential criteria for the job.