Cafe General Manager
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 867235
- Posted January, 31, 2024 2:52 PM
About the role CAFE GENERAL MANAGER In our Cafes, it’s all about creating a rewarding work environment by given the opportunity to make a difference in someone’s day, every day. Being a General Manager in...
About the role
CAFE GENERAL MANAGER
In our Cafes, it’s all about creating a rewarding work environment by given the opportunity to make a difference in someone’s day, every day. Being a General Manager in our Café will feel like running your own business with the backing of a big brand we all know and love.
Never a late night, you can finally have a career in hospitality with the work-life balance you were looking for! Because our business is growing, we can offer you job security and the opportunity to develop your career alongside us.
If you’re looking for a career in hospitality where you can make a difference by delivering phenomenal standards and store growth and are passionate about creating an exceptional workplace for all your team, this is the role for you!
You will be responsible for
- Driving all Cafe operations – remember this is your Cafe
- Developing, inspiring & leading the best cafe team
- Taking ownership of HR within your cafe including absence management and recruitment
- Creating an environment with your team which balances serving the customer and having fun, you are not just a "manager" but an integral part of the team.
- Being fully accountable for guest experience, finance, sales growth, legal compliance and team development, both FOH and BOH.
- Hands on management of the Café
- Focusing your energy on product availability, upselling & controlling costs
- Striving to always do better for your guests.
- Owning your profit and loss so you so you can take the necessary steps to improve your cafes’ efficiency & profitability.
- Promoting and marketing your Café – Entice Tesco Shoppers to be our guests. You have the traffic; you just need to convert them!
You will need
- To be 18 years of age or older.
- In-depth knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Evidence of growing guest satisfaction
- Positive attitude with a passion for customer service
- Management experience within the hospitality industry.
- Evidence of developing successful hospitality teams.
- To be someone who thrives in a branded business, with set menus, food specs, etc.
- The ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- To be an excellent communicator and inspirational leader.
- A consistent track record of managing finance in particular sales growth, labour costs, gross margin
- Experience and passion for appraising, training, and developing team members.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What’s in it for you
Alongside a fantastic work life balance with no late nights, we offer excellent benefits that help make The Cafe a brilliant place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Colleague Bonus
- Retirement savings plan - minimum contribution level is 5% of your base salary with the company contributing 3% of your base salary.
- Life Assurance - 3 x salary applies to employees
- Optional Private Healthcare
- Ongoing leadership development
- Routes for progression within an ever-growing brand
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service - 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 33 days (Including Bank Holidays)
- Colleague Discounts which include:
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
- 10% off Tesco Café
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
With 315 Cafes across the country and counting, our teams work closely to make sure that customers experience is to the best standards and service; no two days are ever the same! Tesco Cafes are a great place to work, with a genuine family feel - truly a Place to Get On.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco Café where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. In our Cafes, we not only celebrate diversity, but we strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business and we would love to hear from you!
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.