Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: JR11504
- Posted January, 31, 2024 6:05 PM
We're the global leader in providing energy solutions that help businesses grow and communities thrive. We work as a team and we’re proud of the difference we make to customers, to local communities, and towards...
We're the global leader in providing energy solutions that help businesses grow and communities thrive.
We work as a team and we’re proud of the difference we make to customers, to local communities, and towards a sustainable future for the world.
We’re looking for a Business Analyst based in Glasgow to join our team.
You will play a pivotal role within the team as you collaborate closely with key stakeholders to design, develop and roll out innovative technology solutions that address our most pressing business needs, ensuring the value and benefits of the change are communicated across the relevant teams to make any changes with the least amount of resistance. Your expertise will be crucial in transitioning from legacy systems and processes to brand new, more effective ways of working.
What you’ll do:
- Strategic Collaboration: Identify and engage with stakeholders to define business problems, understand priorities and determine the potential value and benefits of implementing change to maximise impact
- Planning: Plan the BA activities for change initiatives, including defining ways of working within an Agile or Waterfall framework and ensuring effective communication with stakeholders
- Process Optimisation: Analyse existing processes using a variety of techniques, map data and information flows and identify inefficiencies and areas for improvement. Your efforts will streamline operations, eliminate waste, and enhance productivity
- Lead Innovation: Advocate for the adoption of new technologies, trends and ways of working, aligning them with business capabilities to foster a culture of innovation
- Change Leadership: Support global process owners, change managers and other change team members by contributing to project charters, business cases and work plans, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within scope
You’ll have the following skills and experience:
- Bring your experience in change projects, tech change, system upgrades, and software enhancements. Knowledge of BA techniques and project methodologies, especially in similar industries, is highly valuable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are key in developing stakeholder relationships and working collaboratively across teams
- Thrive under pressure, delivering tasks with high-quality results and attention to detail. Your self-motivation, coupled with exceptional problem-solving abilities allows you to identify issues and propose innovative solutions
- A degree is preferred, but your practical experience is what truly counts
Please note this role would also suit a more junior BA with the willingness to be developed quickly.
We welcome people from different backgrounds and cultures, and respect people’s unique skills, attitudes and experiences. We encourage everyone to be themselves at work because we know that’s how we do our best, for each other, for our customers, for the communities where we work, and for our careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veterans.