Tesco Colleague - Penicuik
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £11.02 to £11.95 per hour
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 867260
- Posted February, 01, 2024 8:52 AM
About the role Availability Window Days From time To time Sun 16:00:00 22:00:00 Tue 17:00:00 23:00:00 Wed 17:00:00 23:00:00 Sat 17:00:00 23:00:00 Our Tesco Colleague rate of pay starts from £11.02 an hour; this increases...
About the role
Our Tesco Colleague rate of pay starts from £11.02 an hour; this increases to £11.75 for stores inside the M25 but excluding London Boroughs and is £11.95 for stores within Inner London – London Boroughs. Additional payments may also apply depending on location and skills.
It’s our policy to offer new colleagues joining us a minimum of 16 guaranteed hours each week, but if you’d like to work fewer hours (to a minimum of 12) we have opportunities for this too and would still love to hear from you.
The table shows the periods of time in the week we’d like you to be available to work – the availability windows. We will schedule your contracted hours within these times, and you’ll have 3 weeks’ notice of exactly when your shifts will be. We are happy to support flexibility for our colleagues, therefore if the times you’re available to work match closely but not exactly to the times we are advertising, we’d still love to hear from you. Click here to read more.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do.
It takes lots of different people to run a store and this is a job for doers, with plenty of variety. It’s a committed role, full of everyday challenges, but that’s one of the things that makes it so exciting.
- Being a colleague in one of our stores means that you will help to serve our shoppers better every day.
- You’ll meet great people, learn new things and be part of a specialist, diverse team where everyone is welcome.
- Whether you are looking for stability or flexibility to suit your lifestyle, or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST BE OVER 18 TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE.
You will be responsible for
- Knowing your customers and serving them with passion and pride; giving great natural service.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the products and services within my store.
- Working across the store in our service, picking and replenishment areas where required.
- Putting into practice the training you have received, so we all work safely, effectively and serve our customers brilliantly.
- Making decisions that are right for customers, delivering routines in store that meet the needs of customers at the right time.
- Taking part in seasonal, community and charity events, creating a great inclusive atmosphere.
- Being knowledgeable about your store’s performance, understanding the part you play and what we need to do together to drive service and sales, reduce waste and shrink and deliver profit.
- Handling products with care to maintain quality and ensure they reach customers in the best condition.
- Being myself, living our values, making everyone feel welcome and always following our policies.
- At times, you may be required to accept deliveries into the store
You will need
- A passion for delivering great service, greeting customers with a smile, and serving them with pride
- The ability to build rapport with customers, meaning they leave the store having experienced a great shopping trip
- To take the initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Work well within a team and communicate openly with others
- Build relationships with colleagues to create a team spirit, having fun and celebrating success
- Be at work on time, well presented and ready to be a brand ambassador
What’s in it for you
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Request flexible working from day one
- Get 10% off and 15% at pay day weekends – save up to £1,500 a year with your Colleague Clubcard with an additional card to share with family outside your home
- Access to free wellbeing services with a range of resources to support your mind, body, and life
- Life cover of five times your pay and an award-winning pension with matching contributions up to 7.5%
- Benefits to suit you, choose what you use – from discounts and shares to cycle to work schemes
- Uniform provided and policies to support you for all of life’s moments, big and small
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here.
- Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please click here
We can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6:15 am or after 9:45 pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com