Security Officer-NorthLink Ferries
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £24,757 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 786710102
- Posted February, 01, 2024 2:00 PM
Security Officer NorthLink Ferries Aberdeen, AB11 5NP Permanent, Full time (42 hours per week – This role has a shift pattern of 7 days on 7 days off once training is completed) £24,757.82 plus benefits...
Aberdeen, AB11 5NP Permanent, Full time (42 hours per week – This role has a shift pattern of 7 days on 7 days off once training is completed)
£24,757.82 plus benefits
Serco are recruiting for a Security Officer to join the North Link Ferries team based in Aberdeen.
The key purpose of the role is to provide access control to the Port Facility and any vessel berthed within the port facility in accordance with the UK Department for Transport, Maritime Security Resilience Division (MSRD) Security Instructions and Operations Manual. This role will also include maintaining records of security incidents and search records and to ensure paperwork and other information is maintained for inspection. The role promotes the highest standard of customer service consistently and accurately.
- Monitor and maintain access control to the Serco NorthLink Ferries Port Facility.
- Record and uphold detailed records of activities and incidents.
- Review and consider development opportunities in Security provision at Aberdeen.
- Report and observe any developing security incidents within the Port Facilities.
- Baggage handling and supporting customers.
- Any other duties as required by the business.
What you’ll need to do the role:
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- ISPS Port Facility Security familiarisation.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- SIA Licence (Preferred).
- STCW training (Preferred).
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Simply Health Plans, and more.
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure, and Hospitality discounts.
- A fantastic culture and supportive team where you’ll get the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Company discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Interesting and enjoyable work.
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
We see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates. We’re a proud holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard and we actively encourage applications from females, those with disabilities or from an ethnic minority background.
73% MatchPosted by ScotRailFrom £23,917 per annumFull Time
ON TRAIN HOSPITALITY ASSISTANT LOCATION: ABERDEEN Start your journey to a career with Scotrail and explore Scotland’s Railway while delivering a first-class hospitality service to customers from across Scotland and beyond. Come on board and...