Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 107462
- Posted February, 01, 2024 6:27 PM
End Date Thursday 15 February 2024 We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Hybrid Working Job Description At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re all driven by...
End DateThursday 15 February 2024
Agile Working OptionsHybrid Working
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re all driven by our purpose, to Help Britain Prosper. It’s why we exist – it’s our reason to get out of bed in the morning. The choices we make, our success and our future really matter.
But the world is changing, fast. And we’re changing too. It’s never been a more exciting time to join us as we transform our business to shape finance as a force for good.
This is an excellent once in a career opportunity, to help shape your future as well as ours.
The Cloud Platform team is on the journey to create the next generation technical platform for Lloyds Banking Group that will be at the core of one of the UK's biggest financial service transformations. We’re looking for an expert Principal Engineer to join us and the Cloud Platform leadership team with the purpose of driving our tech modernisation agenda and enable Lloyds Banking Group to become the biggest Fintech in the UK.
We’re seeking a highly experienced, motivated and innovative hands-on Principal Engineer to lead our engineering efforts and play a pivotal role in leading and shaping the technical direction of our platform. You’ll be responsible for architecting complex systems, solving challenging problems, building key parts of our platform and mentoring junior engineers.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in senior engineering leadership, a passion for technology and commitment to delivering high-quality, scalable solutions. You'll be a technical inspiring leader, influencing key decisions and driving the delivery of the next generation technical platform for the organisation.
Want to know more?
In this position you'll lead the design and implementation of the next tech platform for the bank, based on cloud platforms and applying modern Platform Engineering and DevSecOps paradigms. You'll be contributing hands on to key building blocks of our next generation Tech Platform that has the purpose of accelerating the engineering experience to build modern apps through golden paths whilst enabling the migration of existing banking apps into a modern, green and secure technical platform. Our obsession is reducing the time from zero to hero required to build, deploy, migrate, and govern Lloyds Banking Group applications and platforms.
Join us in making a genuine difference to customers and working with the newest tech and on high profile initiatives that can transform Lloyds Banking Group in the biggest Fintech in the UK.
What you may be involved in:
- Design, develop, and maintain highly scalable and reliable cloud-based solutions.
- Architect and implement robust, secure, and cost-effective cloud-based systems.
- Conduct in-depth technical analysis to optimise system performance and resource utilisation.
- Review and approve code and designs before implementation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Staying abreast of new technologies and industry best practices to drive continuous improvement.
- Drive continuous improvement of engineering processes and practices
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers, encouraging a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Solve and resolve complex technical issues related to cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure alignment to coding standards, security guidelines, and development best practice.
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership on modern technical delivery across entire lifecycle from idea to realisation of value.
The ideal skills and background we're looking for
- Extensive experience in designing, developing, and deploying cloud-based solutions and Platforms
- Proficient in cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud, with a deep understanding of their services.
- Strong system design skills and experience of building platforms at scale.
- Strong programming skills in languages like Java, Python, or Go.
- Proficient in Terraform, Terraform cloud or equivalent Infrastructure as Code stack
- Experience in building Internal Developer Platforms, Durable stateful technologies like temportal.io or Azure durable functions and Developer portals like Backstage.io is a plus
- Expertise in containerization and orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes. Experience in extending Kubernetes is a plus.
- Expertise in CI/CD pipelines platforms. Experience in Harness.io is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of networking, security, and scalability principles in cloud environments.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical customers.
A passion for leading and developing teams, to build a high performing team with the right skills, mentoring colleagues through change and empower from the top. We’d also welcome someone with a degree in Computer Science or a related field, Kubernetes as both administrator and application developer or certifications in relevant cloud technologies are a plus!
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes a competitive base salary, a generous pension contribution of up to 15%, an annual bonus award (subject to Group performance), access to share schemes including free shares; benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping ; 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top and a range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies.
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity, or culture.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
70% MatchPosted by AmazonFull Time
DESCRIPTION Principal Engineers provide technical leadership at Amazon.com. They help establish technical standards and drive Amazon’s overall technical architecture, engineering practices, and engineering methodologies. They work on our hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound...
70% MatchPosted by Royal Mail GroupFull Time
Job reference number 303706 Central Engineering Lead - BC8 - National Competitive salary £4,800 car allowance or £4,300 annual cash equivalent Full family private healthcare Annual bonus potential Generous annual leave offering of 27.5 days,...