Mate Shetland Based Vessels
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £38,439 to £39,600 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SIC07049
- Posted February, 02, 2024 12:46 PM
Advertisement Details The duties and responsibilities of the Mate shall include; The carrying out of watchkeeping duties (as detailed in section 2.05 of the Safety Management Manual) to the requirements of the Master; The regular...
The duties and responsibilities of the Mate shall include;
- The carrying out of watchkeeping duties (as detailed in section 2.05 of the Safety Management Manual) to the requirements of the Master;
- The regular testing of critical navigational systems and stand-by systems and the recording of such tests;
- Ensuring proper stability, trim and draft conditions at all times;
- The safe loading & discharging of cargo, passengers, stores, fresh water, sewage and ballast water, ensuring appropriate capacity consistent with safe, legal and efficient operations;
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is H
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,541 per annum (pro rata) and contracted overtime payment
- Permanent Full Time post for 42.0 Hours per Week (37 hours and 5 hours contracted overtime), 52.18 weeks per year
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based on any SIC Shetland Based Vessel
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Michael Williamson, Route Master - email - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here