Engineer MV Bigga
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £47,483 to £49,353 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SIC07026
- Posted February, 02, 2024 12:47 PM
Advertisement Details Under the direction of the Master or person(s) authorised by the Master, the Ferry Engineer will perform the following engineering shipboard tasks singularly or with other crew :- Ensuring the safe, efficient and...
Under the direction of the Master or person(s) authorised by the Master, the Ferry Engineer will perform the following engineering shipboard tasks singularly or with other crew :-
- Ensuring the safe, efficient and cost effective operation of main propulsion and auxiliary machinery.
- Keeping the Master of the vessel fully informed as to the condition, maintenance, replacement and state of readiness of all machinery, electrical and propulsion equipment on board, especially where it may affect the safe and scheduled operation.
- Ensuring that the vessel’s equipment, machinery and electrical systems are maintained in good working order.
- Ensuring that the vessel’s machinery spaces and shore side facilities are kept in a clean and safe condition.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is I
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,541 per annum (pro rata), contracted overtime and unsocial allowance
- Permanent Full Time post for 42.0 Hours per Week (37 hours and 5 hours contracted overtime), 52.18 weeks per year
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based onboard MV Bigga
For further details relating to this post, please contact: David Henderson or Michael Slater, Engineer Superintendent - 01595 744235/4233 - email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here