Teacher of Primary - Tingwall Primary School
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £21.25 to £31.15 per hour
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SIC07083
- Posted February, 02, 2024 12:47 PM
Advertisement Details Temporary Teacher of Primary - Tingwall Primary School Are you an enthusiastic, creative and inspiring Teacher of Primary with the skills, confidence and energy to make a positive impact on the lives of...
Temporary Teacher of Primary - Tingwall Primary School
Are you an enthusiastic, creative and inspiring Teacher of Primary with the skills, confidence and energy to make a positive impact on the lives of our children and young people? If so, the Shetland Islands Council is offering an exciting opportunity to work at excellently resourced Tingwall Primary School.
Tingwall Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Tingwall. It provides education for pupils from Nursery to P7 (3-12 year olds), for children from Tingwall and the surrounding area. The school has a Nursery and 4 classes. At present there is a total of 102 pupils on the roll. The current staffing complement is 3 Practitioners in the Nursery, 3 full-time teachers (including a teaching Head Teacher) and 3 part-time teachers in the school. They are assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Margaret Birrell. Further information can be found on the schools website at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/tingwallprimaryschool/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.6669 per hour
- Temporary Part Time post for 28.0 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year plus 8 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays. Temporary contract for a period of approximately 6 months.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of post: 0.8
- Sector/subject specialism: Primary
- Qualification Requirement: Primary Teaching qualification
- Class information: P5/6 and P1/2
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Tingwall Primary School.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Margaret Birrell, Head Teacher on 01595 807244 or e-mail Margaret.Birrell2@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.