Works Manager - Urquhart Castle
- £30,539 to £37,131 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: HES/23/288a
- Posted February, 02, 2024 3:34 PM
This is a pivotal role on ensuring that Urquhart Castle, as a top 3 site within the Historic Environment Scotland estate, is fully compliant and operational for both staff and visitors to the site.
The Works Manager (WM) has front line responsibility for the management, supervision, and deployment of the works team (MCU) engaged in all maintenance and conservation works at the Properties in Care within the Urquhart Castle remit.
The MCU currently consists of Works Manager and a labourer, although this team is currently being built up with further staff.
The Works Manager will also manage, supervise, and monitor work carried out by external contractors supporting the requirements of the site needs.
The Works Manager will report directly to the District Works Manager (DWM) and will have day to day contact with many departments within Historic Environment Scotland.
Proven knowledge and working experience of construction/traditional building
- Proven staff management skills and experience of supervising other trades as well as an ability to deal effectively with staff covering a wide range of professions at all levels.
- Experience and knowledge of health & safety practises, including the CDM Regulations, COSHH assessments, risk management etc.
- Proven level of financial awareness with the ability to control budgets against spend and priorities.
- Ability to organise and oversee multi-project work programmes.
- Experience of construction/conservation contract management processes and procedures.
- Ability to manage a diverse staff group.
- Good IT skills in Word/Excel
- Full driving licence
For a hard copy application pack, please contact Human Resources by e-mailing: email@example.com
Closing Date for completed applications: 6th February 2024 Midday
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
83% Match£38,988 to £44,797 per annumFull Time
The District Works Manager is a management role in our Operations Directorate. The Operations Directorate is a newly created Directorate that will strengthen our regional footprint and, for the first time bring together under one directorate, delivery of many of HES’ activities at a regional and local level across Scotland.
77% Match£38,988 to £44,797 per annumFull Time
Your base location is Fort George. You will be expected to travel to visit sites and stakeholders across your appointed District, and on occasion to other locations in Scotland. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment.