Event DS Security Officer - Edinburgh
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £11 per hour
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 8675
- Posted February, 03, 2024 6:33 AM
Event DS SIA Security Officer - Edinburgh Up to £11.00 per hour We are looking to recruit additional Event Security Officers to join our existing Events team in Edinburgh. With a very busy year ahead,...
Event DS SIA Security Officer - Edinburgh
Up to £11.00 per hour
We are looking to recruit additional Event Security Officers to join our existing Events team in Edinburgh. With a very busy year ahead, we have work across the sports and music industries, spanning the whole of the UK - so you will have the opportunity to be a part of the events you love.
We can offer you opportunities to be part of a wide range of events to suit your lifestyle, whether it’s flexible ad hoc hours whilst you study; weekend or evening work during your free time; or working 40+ hours a week, we have a wide range of shifts available.
Edinburgh is a key location for G4S Events - we provide Events Security Officers at a range of different venues including sporting venues such as the home of Scottish Rugby Murrayfield Stadium and football at Dunfermline Athletic F.C., Heart of Midlothian F.C. and Hibernian F.C.
As well as live event venues such as Royal Highland Centre - hosting acts such Lewis Capaldi, The Killers, Scottish Festival of Motoring, and Terminal V Festival; the Usher Hall - with acts such as KT Tunstall, Ben Fogle, and Diversity - and outdoor events such as Taylor Swift. There are events for everyone’s interests!
Our Events Security Officers provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff, therefore you will be responsible for securing the venues, staff and visitors for our customers.
This may include:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Searching visitors upon entry to venues
- Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
- Monitoring visitor/crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
- Dealing with visitor/crowd disruptions
- Securing licensed / hospitality areas
- Perks at Work Scheme:access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more
- Holiday pay
- Workplace pension scheme
- Progression, training & development opportunities
- Free travel to qualifying events outside of the region
- SIA Door Supervisor license required
- Previous experience in events is not essential as full training will be provided
- Must be over 18 years old
- Evening and weekend availability required
- Excellent communication skills and customer focused
If this sounds like something you want to be involved in, you will just need to complete the following application form and one of our Recruiters will be in touch to discuss the next steps. Our recruitment and selection process will include a face to face interview, once the application has been submitted a member of our team will be in touch to get this arranged for you.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.