Event Safety Steward - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £10.42 per hour
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 8676
- Posted February, 03, 2024 6:33 AM
EVENT SAFETY STEWARDS - MURRAYFIELD STADIUM £10.42 per hour Murrayfield Stadium is located in the west end of Edinburgh and is the home of the Scottish Rugby Union (SRU) The stadium hosts most of Scotland's...
EVENT SAFETY STEWARDS - MURRAYFIELD STADIUM
£10.42 per hour
Murrayfield Stadium is located in the west end of Edinburgh and is the home of the Scottish Rugby Union (SRU) The stadium hosts most of Scotland's home matches, the Scottish Hydro Electric Cup finals, as well as Pro12, Heineken Cup matches and the Six Nations.
We are looking to recruit additional Events Safety Stewards to support our current team working at the Murrayfield Stadium, which is a key venue for G4S Events. Not only could you be working at Murrayfield Stadium but you could also find yourself supporting the broader music, sports and corporate events at Dunfermline Athletic F.C., Heart of Midlothian F.C., Hibernian F.C., Royal Highland Centre, The Usher Hall and The Assembly Rooms. You could be part of making these events a success. If you're open to travel we even have opportunities to be part of some of the biggest events in the UK.
Our Events Safety Stewards provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff. Which means you could be inside or outside, on your feet showing people where to go, checking tickets at entry, monitoring the crowd and managing the car parking facilities. Wherever you are, you’ll be the fun, helpful and friendly face representing the event.
As an Events Safety Steward you will be responsible for securing the venues, staff and visitors for our customers.
This may include:
• Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
• Greeting, assisting and directing visitors attending the event
• Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
• Monitoring visitor / crowd movements and behavior to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
• Perks at Work Scheme: access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more.
• Holiday pay
• Company Pension
• Training Opportunities
• Free travel to qualifying events outside of the region
No experience is required as we'll give you all the training you need - applicants holding their Level 2 in Spectator Safety (or above) are preferred but not essential, however, you must be willing to go through the funded training once on board.
If this sounds like something you want to be involved in, you will just need to complete the following application form and one of our recruiters will be in touch to discuss the next steps. Our recruitment and selection process will include a face to face interview, once the application has been submitted a member of our team will be in touch to get this arranged for you.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.