Sports Event & Match-day SIA Security Officer - Glasgow
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £11 per hour
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 8923
- Posted February, 03, 2024 6:39 AM
SPORTS EVENT & MATCH-DAY SIA SECURITY OFFICER - GLASGOW up to £13.00 per hour SIA - Door Supervisor Licence required G4S Events Team are looking to hire additional SIA Security Officers to work across a...
SPORTS EVENT & MATCH-DAY SIA SECURITY OFFICER - GLASGOW
up to £13.00 per hour
SIA - Door Supervisor Licence required
G4S Events Team are looking to hire additional SIA Security Officers to work across a number of key venues in Glasgow, where football and rugby is at the heart of the game! We are seeking to enhance our current teams to help deliver a world class match-day experience. Whether your team is Glasgow Warriors, Rangers or Celtic, Partick Thistle or Clyde FC, why not come and join us on match days to help delivery our security operation.
With a full season of matches being played, you will find yourself working a varied role that is dictated by customer and operational needs. Working as part of a team, you will fill important safety, security and service positions within the ground's premium areas and play a crucial part in the operation.
Our Event Security Officers show a level of commitment that ensure they can succeed in this customer facing role and act in line with the standards and values set by our company. We welcome interest from everyone who enjoys assisting and supporting others, caring toward others and problem solving and hold a valid SIA Door Supervisor licence.
Our Event Security Officers provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff. Which means you could be inside or outside, on your feet showing people where to go, checking tickets at entry, monitoring the crowd and managing the car parking facilities. Wherever you are, you’ll be the fun, helpful and friendly face representing the event.
As an Event Security Officer you will be responsible for securing the venues, staff and visitors for our customers.
This may include:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Searching visitors on entry to venues
- Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
- Monitoring visitor / crowd movements and behavior to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
- Dealing with visitor / crowd disruptions
- Securing licenced / hospitality areas
- Perks at Work Scheme: access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more.
- Holiday pay
- up to £13 per hour
- Company Pension
- Training Opportunities
- Free travel to qualifying events outside of the region
You will be employed on a casual basis meaning you can work as many events as you like and make extra income at weekends or in the evenings.
If this sounds like something you want to be involved in, you will just need to complete a short application form and one of our recruiters will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.