Business Support Assistant - Edenside Primary School
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £22,053 to £23,294 per annum
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SBO07940
- Posted February, 03, 2024 9:54 AM
Job Details Grade: 4A Hourly Rate: £12.08 - £12.76 Salary: £22,053.46 - £23,294.46 pro rata per annum (Term Time Only) Contract Duration: Permanent Please note successful applicants will be placed on the first point of...
Hourly Rate: £12.08 - £12.76
Salary: £22,053.46 - £23,294.46 pro rata per annum (Term Time Only)
Contract Duration: Permanent
Please note successful applicants will be placed on the first point of the salary scale unless they meet certain criteria.
This is a 39 week post, working hours will be during school term only, the salary will be pro-rated accordingly. Please note the salary advertised is full time (35 hours per week, 52 weeks per year).
As part of the school team you will provide a wide range of clerical support and will be required to deal with pupils, staff and members of the public on a variety of matters.
• Assist the Primary School Administrator in providing efficient and effective clerical support to staff and pupils
• Share responsibility for production of a wide range of documents, using word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheets and databases
• Ensure a high level of accuracy while updating and maintaining a variety of school records
• Share responsibility for a wide range of office duties including reception and ordering/paying for goods and services
• Assist with cash handling, banking and associated record keeping
• Provide support associated with the organization of meetings and school events
• Liaise with pupils, staff members, parents, other schools and external agencies
• Maintain a high level of service whilst undertaking general office duties such as photocopying, filing or faxing
• Undertake further training, personal development of First Aid Training as required
• Any other duties required by senior members of staff
Good standard of education with a minimum of 3 Standard Grades or equivalent (General level 3 or above) including English and Mathematics, or substantial relevant experience.
Scottish Borders Council is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010. In particular from candidates who assess themselves as having a disability, under the Disability Confident Employer scheme this guarantees an interview to those individuals who meet the essential criteria of the post. All appointments will be made on merit.