Trading Assistant - Local – Aged 18 or over
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 220172
- Posted February, 04, 2024 12:41 PM
Job Description Love food and a bustling working environment? Then you belong in one of our Local convenience stores! Our Trading Assistants work in a fast-paced environment covering all aspects of the store. In this...
Love food and a bustling working environment? Then you belong in one of our Local convenience stores! Our Trading Assistants work in a fast-paced environment covering all aspects of the store. In this role, you’ll be replenishing stock, checking dates across our fresh produce and grocery products as well as helping unload deliveries and serving customers on tills. It’s important you are comfortable being on your feet, working at pace and using technology as part of our role. Whilst you will be part of a close-knit team, we’ll also trust you to work alone and use your initiative.
Whichever area you’re working in, you’ll take pride in doing the right thing for our customers, have a keen for detail and be passionate about helping people to provide a brilliant service.
We aim to make everyone who joins us be the best they can be and are committed to being a fully inclusive retailer where our customers love to shop, and our colleagues love to work!
The minimum application age for this role is 18, due to the type of goods (alcohol, tobacco etc) that you may be required to handle.
Alongside a market leading rate of pay, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – 10% discount off on your shopping at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Tu and Habitat after four weeks. This increases to 15% discount off at Sainsbury’s every Friday and Saturday, and 15% off at Argos every pay day.
- Free food and hot drinks provided for Colleagues in all our stores.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing support and guidance on a wide range of issues.