Finance and HR Assistant, Part Time (0.6FTE). Home-based in Scotland
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £27,000 to £29,000 per annum
- Auto-enrolment pension available
- Part Time
- Contact: Bryony Stimpson
- Posted February, 05, 2024 11:54 AM
A young and agile charity, SBP is seeking an experienced Finance Assistant to support the Head of Finance by undertaking day to day financial transactions and maintaining accurate accounting records. The role will also assist in the development and application of a suite of basic HR policies.
Full Description can be found here:
PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
SBP is delivering an exciting and expanding portfolio of nature recovery projects whose efficient delivery requires the support of robust financial systems and management. The Finance and HR Assistant will support the Head of Finance by undertaking day to day financial transactions and maintaining accurate accounting records. The role will also assist in the development and application of a suite of basic HR policies, to accommodate the needs of a growing staff team.
The ideal candidate will have experience of the financial activities involved in running a small to medium sized charity. They will be familiar with accounting software, databases and basic HR records, and have the ability to organise their workload and handle time-sensitive tasks.
The role will report to SBP’s Head of Finance.
Regular liaison with other members of the home-based SBP team will be required, as well as communication with external suppliers, donors and funders as necessary.
● Recording and paying bills and staff expense claims
● Creating invoices and securing payment
● Maintaining financial contact information – addresses, emails etc
● Reconciling bank accounts
● Providing information on income to the fundraising team
● Monitoring finance group emails, responding to enquiries and assigning tasks
● Sourcing necessary office equipment for the staff team
● Maintaining staff records and managing basic HR processes, including holiday requests
● Assisting with the development and application of HR policies
● Developing materials and processes associated with employee training and wellbeing
● Minimum two years’ experience executing a broad range of financial tasks using accounts software, spreadsheets, database
● Experience of working independently/remotely
Desirable but not essential:
● Experience in the charity sector and of the charity accounting framework
● Specific experience of Xero accounts software and/or Donor Perfect database
● Experience of maintaining basic HR records and policies
● Strong mathematical skills – comfortable working with and understanding numbers
● Great attention to detail
● Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and relevant accounting and office software applications
● Excellent organisational skills, including time management and prioritisation, with the ability to effectively manage a busy workload and meet deadlines
● Able to learn quickly/troubleshoot problems independently
● Effective communicator with both colleagues and external stakeholders
● Conscientious, self-motivated and able to work well without close supervision
● A keen interest in SBP’s nature restoration/rewilding agenda
Place of work: This role is home-based within Scotland and will require a suitable home office working environment (a Windows laptop will be supplied, and grant assistance may be available for other necessary equipment). Attendance of meetings and events held in various parts of Scotland will be required from time to time. Travel expenses will be paid in accordance with SBP’s expenses policy.
Hours: Working hours are flexible but must equate to a minimum of 22.5 working hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Flexibility: Subject to ensuring that the needs of the charity and the role are met, SBP endeavours to meet the flexible working needs of its staff.
Holidays: 28 working days per annum including public holidays, plus 5 additional office closure days between Christmas and New Year (both pro-rata).
TO APPLY: Please submit your CV and a one-page covering letter detailing how your skills and experience equip you for the role. If applicable, please include any current notice period obligations.
Applications must be received by 5pm Monday 19th February 2024.
B70% MatchPosted by Brighouse Bay Holiday ParkFull Time
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accounts Administrator to join our team. This is a full-time permanent position and will be based at our head office supporting the Directors and providing reports and financial information to the management team.B