Manager, Capital Planning, Insight and Analysis (12 Month FTC)
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £61,641 to £68,490 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 107164
- Posted February, 06, 2024 10:43 AM
End Date Friday 16 February 2024 Salary Range £61,641 - £68,490 We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Job Share, Reduced Hours Job Description Summary...
End DateFriday 16 February 2024
Salary Range£61,641 - £68,490
Agile Working OptionsJob Share, Reduced Hours
Job Description SummaryThis is a 12 month FTC opportunity.
JOB TITLE: Manager, Capital Planning, Insight and Analysis
SALARY: £61,641 - £68,490
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days a week) in our Edinburgh (Princes Exchange) Office
About this opportunity
This is an exciting role for a motivated and analytical individual to gain a unique insight into LBG capital and RWA’s, and also expand their network throughout central and divisional finance teams.
We’re responsible for forecasting one of the Group’s key metrics, the CET1 ratio. We help the group make strategic decisions around long term capital planning, distributions to shareholders (dividends and share buybacks) and our risk weighted asset consumption. The analysis we produce allows senior colleagues to make the right decisions for the Group, we actively work on analysis that will be sent to the Chief Finance Officer to assist in his decision making.
Central Finance is the Finance Partner for the Group and operates at the heart of the finance community providing analysis, insight, strategic direction and control to a range of senior colleagues. It is an excellent opportunity for colleagues to challenge and stretch themselves, personally driving and shaping the function, and to ensure that LBG, as an organisation, continues to progress towards its strategic aims.
You'll lead and help set up new CPIA data team which will be instrumental in helping the team change its ways of working to enable controlled delivery in a fast paced environment. Includes understanding the Group's capital and RWA positions and supporting delivery of these key metrics for the group.
What you’ll get to be involved in:
- Production and reconciliation of key data inputs and group metrics
- Contribute to the preparation of insightful analysis to support the understanding of key capital ratios for the Group
- Manage two colleagues within the team
- Input into wider discussions about the messaging of capital outcome
- Confirming and agreeing accurate capital impacts with colleagues across the group
- Developing relationships with key contacts across Finance and Risk
- Improving ways of working and processes
- Collaborating across the team on activities and initiatives to develop our team culture
If you think all banks are the same, you’d be wrong. We’re an innovative, fast-changing business that’s shaping finance as a force for good. A bank that’s empowering its people to innovate, explore possibilities and grow with purpose.
What you'll need:
We're looking for an enthusiastic individual who is driven, dedicated to successful delivery and will thrive operating in a fast paced and highly visible role, with a real desire to make a difference. You'll have a strong control ethos and enjoy working with data including understanding the drivers of data and the technical concepts that underpin the analysis produced.
We’re ideally looking for the following attributes:
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop colleagues on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to manage detailed processes in a controlled and timely manner
- Good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint including how to effectively present financial information
- Self-starter attitude and comfortable dealing with varied stakeholders
- Intellectual curiosity and analytical ability
- Keen eye and proven skills for process improvement, looking to lead this area within the team, bringing passion for making most efficient use of technology
- Ability to be collaborative, forming positive relationships with teammates and wider group colleagues
- Acts in accordance with the Group’s values and helps make Central Finance a great place to work, with willingness to get involved in activities outside of BAU
About working for us:
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We’re disability confident. So, if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that’s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
70% MatchPosted by Royal Mail GroupFull Time
Job reference number 303706 Central Engineering Lead - BC8 - National Competitive salary £4,800 car allowance or £4,300 annual cash equivalent Full family private healthcare Annual bonus potential Generous annual leave offering of 27.5 days,...