Support Worker (Play) - Sandness Primary School
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £14.43 to £14.74 per hour
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SIC07068
- Posted February, 06, 2024 3:44 PM
Advertisement Details The purpose of this post is to work effectively with the class teacher(s) to support play-based, child-centred pedagogy within primary. Sandness Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Sandness. It provides primary...
The purpose of this post is to work effectively with the class teacher(s) to support play-based, child-centred pedagogy within primary.
Sandness Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Sandness. It provides primary education from P1 to P7 for children from Sandness and surrounding areas. The structure of the school is 2 composite primary classes. There is currently a total of 15 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher (joint with Happyhansel). The current staffing complement is 1 teacher assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Acting Head Teacher is Mrs Elizabeth Garrick.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.3161 per hour
- Permanent Part Time post for 2.5 Hours per Week , 40.5 weeks per year plus 6.48 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Sandness Primary School.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Elizabeth Garrick, Head Teacher on 01595 807450 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here