Glasgow - Store Cover Manager
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £27,000 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Caitlin Herbert
- Reference: 000142-2023-029804
- Posted February, 07, 2024 7:29 AM
Job reference : 000142-2023-029804 Full time/Part time : Full time contracts available Location : ...
This is a full time, permanent position, paying £27,000.
What is a Cover Manager?
- Our Cover Managers are our fast track, high potential managerial talent!
- After initial training, Cover Managers build their understanding of how Deichmann stores operate, by providing managerial cover across a cluster of stores.
- For this particular role the stores you will cover/support after training include: Glasgow, East Kilbride, Clydebank, Irvine, Coatbridge, Dundee and additional stores considered to be within a reasonable commuting distance.
- It is therefore essential that you can travel within a defined geographical area.
- On successful completion of training, Cover Managers are in an ideal position to be given the opportunity for promotion to Store Manager. Ideal candidate: Our ideal Cover Managers are likely to have previous experience at supervisor / management level within a retail store.
If you are looking to progress your retail career to into store management roles and beyond, it is the ideal opportunity.
- You must be fully flexible in terms of travel as you could be working in a number of different stores.
- You will have previous experience of working at management or supervisory level, in retail or a related sector. Key activities:
- Motivate and coach the team to deliver excellent customer service
- Lead by example in promoting and recommending complimentary shoe care products, demonstrating confidence with selling and excellent product knowledge, ensuring the very best level of customer service
- Resourcing / drafting rotas, working within budget
- Stock management
- Analysing and interpreting sales performance data and reports
- Making recommendation for ways to improve sales performance, based on analysis of quantitative and qualitative data and identification of customer insights
- Ensure all company standards are implemented and maintained i.e. merchandising, admin
- Delivery of all KPI’s, meeting all company standards
- Recruitment and training of the team
- A hands on leader, with experience in retail or a related industry sector
- Have a positive flexible approach with a can do attitude
- Energy and enthusiasm, with ability to work under pressure, in a demanding fast paced environment
- Have the confidence and ability to motivate, coach and inspire the team
- Able to numerate
- Attention to detail
- Good communicator
- Be methodical, organised and have a structure approach to work
- Spatial awareness
- Be fully flexible across the week
If you would like to join the team at Deichmann UK as our Cover Manager and you meet the job requirements, please click apply. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying for this role, you are confirming you have the right to work in the UK and will be required to submit the required documentation at interview stage.