Health and Safety Advisor
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 193720
- Posted February, 07, 2024 10:25 AM
We are looking to appoint a Health and Safety Advisor to join our Farming business based in Fort William. You’ll be supporting our varied, and fast paced team. This is an exciting opportunity to work...
We are looking to appoint a Health and Safety Advisor to join our Farming business based in Fort William. You’ll be supporting our varied, and fast paced team. This is an exciting opportunity to work across a wide variety of environments, undertaking many different tasks.
The role will ideally be based in our Fort William office however we are open to the successful candidate will being based near our operations in the Western Isles, Skye or Lochaber. The role will require travel to our sites and vessels within our Scottish Business Unit.
The role requires a broker of change, a key influencer with curiosity as a core value. You’ll be an integral part of the continual development of Health and Safety within Mowi Scotland as we strive to implement a modern, proactive and innovative approach to health and safety.
You will work as part of a small but experienced team with the opportunity to learn and develop across a diverse range of operational risk areas and crucially have the ability to make a positive impact.
The role will be an operationally focussed role supporting the teams across our sites and vessels. It will be a diverse role providing a challenging and rewarding environment.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you must be able to work as part of a small team, whilst independently and proactively completing tasks. We are looking for a problem solver with a can do attitude and experience of creation and delivery of practical, human centred solutions.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or Diploma
- CertIOSH (or willingness to work towards) would be advantageous
- Audit qualifications
- Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and best practices.
- Ability to compile accurate and concise reports with supporting data.
- Experience conducting audits and critical risk assurance.
- Strong communication and coaching skills.
- Ability to use health and safety software tools effectively (experience with Safety Culture would be advantageous.)
What does Mowi offer?
In return you will be part of the team in a constantly expanding industry. Our Mowi Rewards include:
- A competitive salary;
- Annual bonus scheme with the ability to earn up to 15% of your salary;
- 31 days annual leave per annum, increasing with length of service;
- Generous pension scheme;
- Life assurance cover;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Healthy Lifestyle contribution to support an active lifestyle;
- Employee discounts at participating retailers;
- Occupational Health Support & Employee Assistance Programme;
- Training & Development opportunities;
- Plus many more.
If you’d like more information or to discuss the opportunity please contact David Filshie on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07977557611.
If this role sounds like the right fit for you, we would love to hear from you! Please visit mowi.com/careers to apply.
Please note, we retain the right to close this vacancy or keep it open subject to volume and quality of applications. We would therefore encourage candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
Mowi values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunities employer. To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
85% Match PopularFrom £33,520 per annumFull Time
Skipper Lochboisdale Basic Salary from £33,520 per annum Plus additional shift allowances Ability to earn up to 15% per annum in an annual bonus We are currently looking for a passionate and highly motivated individual...