Social Worker - Adult Social Services
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £35,960 to £45,247 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SIC07064
- Posted February, 08, 2024 9:38 AM
Advertisement Details The purpose of the job is to provide a professional social work service, including the Mental Health function as part of an operational team, based in Adult Social Work. In accordance with the...
The purpose of the job is to provide a professional social work service, including the Mental Health function as part of an operational team, based in Adult Social Work.
In accordance with the Scottish Social Services Council; all Social Work Services Workers must adhere to the following Codes of Practice:
- Protect the rights and promote the interests of service users and carers;
- Strive to establish and maintain the trust and confidence of service users and carers;
- Promote the independence of service users while protecting them as far as possible from danger or harm;
- Respect the rights of service users while seeking to ensure that their behaviour does not harm themselves or other people;
- Uphold public trust and confidence in social work services; and
- Be accountable for their practice and take responsibility for maintaining and improving their knowledge and skills.
This vacancy is being advertised as a Career Graded post. This means that the Council is committed to supporting the successful candidate to obtain the necessary skills, abilities and knowledge to become fully competent in the role. Please see the Career Grade document attached to this advert that outlines the entry level requirements for the job and the expected career progression route. The successful candidate will be supported to become fully competent in the role and progress through the career grade.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
- The grade of this post is I/J/K
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,541 per annum (pro rata)
- Temporary Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year for approximately 12 months
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Grantfield, Lerwick, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Lauren Work - Senior Social Worker - telephone on 01595 744400 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here
71% MatchPosted by Midlothian Council£21,208 to £22,128 per annumFull Time
Job Description The job holder must be motivated, reliable and have an understanding of core values which are fundamental to the outcomes of this role. The job holder will support to the physical, emotional and...
70% MatchPosted by CrossReach£22,663 to £22,944 per annumFull Time
The people who use our services tell us we’ve changed their lives. Our employees tell us they’re supported, enthusiastic and have opportunities to develop meaningful careers. We’re looking for someone great to join our team.