Team Manager (Social Care)
- £46,813 to £49,514 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: ORK07992
- Posted February, 08, 2024 12:05 PM
Advert ORKNEY HEALTH AND CARE Social Care Team Manager (Social Care) 35 hours per week Permanent £46,813 - £49,514 / £25.65 - £27.13 per hour (including Distant Islands Allowance) This is a hugely exciting time...
ORKNEY HEALTH AND CARE
Team Manager (Social Care)
35 hours per week
£46,813 - £49,514 / £25.65 - £27.13 per hour (including Distant Islands Allowance)
This is a hugely exciting time to join Orkney Health and Care and we are currently looking for a highly motivated, inspiring leader who will undertake the Team Manager role within Social Care. We are looking for a passionate, creative and enthusiastic individual with relationship building skills who can bring a staff team and our partners together to provide the right support at the right time for individuals who utilise services.
This Team Manager post will support the Service Manager in the day-to-day management of operational matters and will drive forward best practice, be involved in ensuring services are innovative and responsive, whilst making sure our highly skilled and committed workforce continue to be developed and effectively supported. You will have the opportunity to thrive as a leader and manager within a dynamic and ambitious Health and Social Care Partnership, which has delivering high quality service provision at the heart of everything it does.
As Team Manager you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other colleagues and the wider integrated teams, be involved in and contribute to the wider strategic planning and priority setting processes for Adult Health and Community Care and Social Care Services, proactively support and develop leadership skills to enable our Registered Managers to build capacity and confidence to deliver outstanding services within our community settings and encourage a work culture of continuous learning, information sharing and professional development in line with the Health and Social Care Standards and other regulatory requirements.
The following are essential requirements for the Team Manager role:
• Experience in the management and delivery of Adult Health and Community Care and/or Social Care services within a complex organisation, preferably within the NHS and/or Public Sector.
• Demonstration of leadership and management experience.
• Evidence of experience in delivering transformational change to support service planning, development and implementation of improvement programmes.
• Budget and resource management experience.
• Experience of Health and Safety and Risk Management.
In addition, an ability to work at pace to manage a diverse workload and an ability to work under pressure are also essential for the Team Manager role. As a confident and effective leader, you will cultivate positive relationships with colleagues, service users and other stakeholders.
The minimum knowledge required for this role can be evidenced by either:
• Holding a qualification at SCQF 8/9 i.e. SVQ4, HND, General Degree, Higher Apprenticeship, Technical Apprenticeship in a relevant subject.
• Having a minimum of 5 years previous relevant experience, as detailed in the experience section of this person specification.
• Fully qualified Registered Nurse, AHP or Social Worker holding registration with NMC, HCPC or SSSC accordingly and over 5 years previous relevant experience.
O.H.A.C. recognises that for you to grow and nurture the Service, resources should be provided to enable your own continued growth. We will provide opportunities for continuous professional development which supports and embraces a positive and collaborative working environment.
You should be able to travel efficiently and effectively between work locations within Orkney to meet the operational requirements of the Service.
This post is subject to membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme in respect of regulated work with adults.
If you are interested in this exciting job opportunity and require further information, please contact Yvonne McPhee, Service Manager, Social Care, on 01856 873535 extension 2661.
Closing Date: Sunday 3 March 2024
Please note that interview and relocation expenses will be paid for this post, in accordance with Council Policy.
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
70% Match£22,663 to £22,944 per annumFull Time
The people who use our services tell us we’ve changed their lives. Our employees tell us they’re supported, enthusiastic and have opportunities to develop meaningful careers. We’re looking for someone great to join our team.