Teacher of Modern Languages - St Machar Academy
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £31,584 to £47,565 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: ABC09881
- Posted February, 08, 2024 4:05 PM
Job Purpose: Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of...
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: St. Machar Academy, Aberdeen
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Roles that require PVG Membership
Please note that with effect from 1 April 2023, where a role requires PVG membership, candidates will be required to meet the cost of the PVG membership. This applies only to roles with a full time equivalent salary of £30,000 and above. (Teaching roles and jobs at Grade 12 and above (currently £32,555 per annum / £16.92 per hour)
The Council will pay for the PVG membership cost initially, either £18 for existing PVG scheme members, or £59 for non-members, and this cost will be deducted from an employee’s first FULL month’s salary payment.
job purpose/about the role
To deliver quality education to assigned pupils and contribute to the professional, corporate life of the school in relation to pupils, staff and appropriate external bodies within the agreements of the SNCT
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
Appropriate teaching qualification
Full GTC (Scotland) registration in the appropriate subject/sector, or be eligible for such registration
PVG scheme membership
The postholder is able to demonstrate:
- Ability to teach the full curriculum in the relevant subject or sector, and to develop the curriculum
- Ability to manage and organise classes through planning and preparing for teaching and learning
- Ability to assess, record and report on the work of pupils’ progress to inform a range of teaching and learning approaches
- Ability to prepare pupils for examinations and qualifications and where required, assist with their administration
- Ability to contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school
- Ability to contribute to the school and council planning and improvement processes
- Ability to maintain and develop knowledge and skills and contribute to the professional development of colleagues including probationary and student teachers
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs