Warehouse Operative (Picker) – Nights
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £12.52 per hour
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 515041
- Posted February, 08, 2024 4:50 PM
We are looking to recruit warehouse operatives who will be responsible for picking orders for our shops at our distribution centre in Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire. We offer a permanent full time position working lnight shifts...
We are looking to recruit warehouse operatives who will be responsible for picking orders for our shops at our distribution centre in Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire.
We offer a permanent full time position working lnight shifts between 22:00 - 06:00 5 days from 7 each week (Including weekends). We currently have shifts in both our Chilled and Frozen warehouses.
Please note, position's in the frozen environment will be working in temperatures between -18 and -25 degrees (full PPE and additional regular warming breaks provided).
Pay, working hours & benefits:
We offer an hourly pay rate of £12.52 (£10.57 if you are under 21). This is a full-time position with the opportunity of overtime.
In addition to your pay you will also benefit from:
- 30 days annual leave.
- Regular breaks during your shift (plus additional warming breaks when picking in the FROZEN store).
- Full training provided.
- Free canteen facilities.
- 15% staff discount to use in any of our 300+ shops on a great range of food and household essentials.
- A smart uniform and all PPE provided at no cost to you.
- Free life assurance.
- Workplace pension.
As one of our warehouse operatives you will:
- Accurately and quickly pick stock onto pallets ready for delivery to shops.
- Keep accurate records.
- Carry out general maintenance and cleaning of the warehouse.
- Work within the health and safety requirements of the site.
Most warehouse operatives start with us picking orders however there may also be opportunities beyond this to work in our goods in and loading operations.
You will need:
- To be physically fit as this is a demanding role and you will be expected to achieve productivity targets.
- A friendly, positive, hard working approach to work.
- Although it is not essential, if you have experience of working in a warehouse environment or experience working with manual handling equipment then let us know about it in your application.
We welcome applications from Army, Navy and Royal Air Force service leavers and veterans into our distribution operations and work in partnership with Hire a Hero to support service leavers with their transition into civilian life.
A bit about us:
Farmfoods are a family business with ambition. We pride ourselves on offering our customers great value, quality products from clean and tidy shops with the friendliest team in retail.
We aim to offer sensational value to customers on a great range of everyday family oriented goods. We back up our sensational value with a focus on delivering an ‘old fashioned’, genuine and friendly customer experience.
Our warehouse operatives are the backbone of our distribution operation and are essential to ensuring our shops have everything they need to deliver a great service to our customers.
79% MatchPosted by Redstart UK£11.50 per hourFull Time
Successful applications will be responsible for a variety of jobs including taking delivery of goods into a warehouse for sorting, stacking and storage and then picking and packing items for dispatch as they are sent on their way to our valued customers.