Area Manager - Convenience (Edinburgh area)
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 122699
- Posted February, 09, 2024 12:12 PM
As an Area Manager, you are responsible for up to 33 Convenience stores across your area. You will run your area with an entrepreneurial spirit, ensuring your Store Managers’ number one priorities are their customers,...
As an Area Manager, you are responsible for up to 33 Convenience stores across your area. You will run your area with an entrepreneurial spirit, ensuring your Store Managers’ number one priorities are their customers, colleagues and local communities.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager you will be responsible for:
- Leading a team to create a culture where our customer experience is the best in the market, in line with the Morrisons brand. Always challenging and thinking of new ways to serve our customers better.
- Working hard to get the best out of your area's commercial performance by growing both retail sales and Post Office income.
- Recruiting, leading, developing and coaching Store Managers. Ensuring that together you build an inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to deliver great customer service.
- Ensuring through great leadership and presence in stores, planning and execution, great standards and KPI’s are delivered by all stores in your area.
Our Area Managers must have prior experience in fast paced, service focused environments such as retail, convenience or the hospitality sector. You will ideally have prior experience of managing a high-turnover retail operation, or have held a multi-site role. In addition to this, we look for people that have:
- Proven ability to lead a high performing team of Store Managers by coaching, motivating and inspiring
- A passion for identifying and developing talent.
- Ability to influence, listen and understand other perspectives to inspire and think broadly about new ways of doing things.
- Commercial awareness in order to develop competitive operational plans with sound awareness of local competitor activity.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across all areas / levels of the business.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you don't meet every single requirement, don't worry. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
How do we say thank you?
You will play a vital role in our business and have a huge impact on our success so not only will you receive excellent training, support and continued development, but we will also offer a competitive salary, and a superb benefits package which includes:
- 10% colleague discount at McColl’s & Morrisons Daily stores
- Annual bonus
- Company car
- Up to 5% matched pension contribution
- Life Assurance up to 2 X annual salary
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Access to BHSF private healthcare (after 3 months)
- Access to Health & Wellbeing support
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
71% MatchPosted by AmazonFull Time
DESCRIPTION Salary: Competitive Location: UK wide - Must be willing to relocate Start Dates Available: 2024 This role focuses on those who have military experience interested in working in the private sector. Amazon’s military recruiting...