Cat C+E HGV Class 1 Driver
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £15.59 per hour
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 508304
- Posted February, 09, 2024 2:31 PM
We are looking to recruit both experienced and newly qualified Class 1 HGV / LGV (C+E) drivers who will be based at our distribution centre in Avonmouth, Bristol. Pay, working hours & benefits: We offer...
We are looking to recruit both experienced and newly qualified Class 1 HGV / LGV (C+E) drivers who will be based at our distribution centre in Avonmouth, Bristol.
Pay, working hours & benefits:
We offer permanent, full-time positions with the majority of our shifts starting in the early hours of the morning and ending early to late afternoon. We offer an hourly pay rate of £15.59 and you will be guaranteed a certain number of hours work per week. If you’re looking to earn a bit more then overtime is regularly available.
Current available shift patterns as follows:
- 4-on-2-off (48-hours per week, including weeekends)
- 4-on-3-off (40-hours per week working Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday each week)
In addition to your pay you will also benefit from:
- 6 weeks annual leave. This equates to 30-days annual leave on the 4-on-2-off (48-hour) contract and 24-days for the 4-on-3-off (40-hour) contract.
- An interactive induction programme with support from one of our skilled driver trainers.
- Free canteen facilities.
- 15% staff discount to use in any of our 300+ shops on a great range of food and household essentials.
- Annual CPC courses.
- A smart uniform and all PPE provided at no cost to you.
- Free life assurance.
- Workplace pension.
As one of our drivers you will:
- Complete delivery drops to shops.
- Unload palletised goods from the vehicle using a powered pallet truck and tail lift.
- Collect waste and other items from the shop to return to the depot.
- Conduct daily vehicle checks
- Have a safe and efficient approach to driving.
You will need:
- Full UK driving licence (with C+E entitlement).
- Digital tachograph & CPC card.
- No greater than 6 points on your driving licence with no dangerous driving or drink-related endorsements.
- A friendly, positive, hard working approach to work.
We welcome applications from Army, Navy and Royal Air Force service leavers and veterans into our distribution operations and work in partnership with Hire a Hero to support service leavers with their transition into civilian life.
A bit about us:
Farmfoods are a family business with ambition. We pride ourselves on offering our customers great value, quality products from clean and tidy shops with the friendliest team in retail.
We aim to offer sensational value to customers on a great range of everyday family oriented goods. We back up our sensational value with a focus on delivering an ‘old fashioned’, genuine and friendly customer experience.
Our drivers are the face of our distribution operation visible to thousands of customers and potential customers whilst out on the road and regularly interacting with our shop teams and our suppliers.