Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £29,323.56 to £34,138.92 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 503873
- Posted February, 09, 2024 2:32 PM
Shop Manager – Full Time We are looking to recruit a new shop manager for our shop in Armley, Leeds. We offer a permanent full time position working a variety of shifts, 5 days from...
Shop Manager – Full Time
We are looking to recruit a new shop manager for our shop in Armley, Leeds. We offer a permanent full time position working a variety of shifts, 5 days from 7 each week.
Please note that for full time positions we will require you to be fully flexible in your availability for work throughout the week, including weekends.
Pay & benefits:
The salary offered for this position is between £29,323.56 - £34,138.92 on a 45 hour contract.
In addition to your pay you will also benefit from:
- 30 days holiday each year.
- Great training and development opportunities.
- 15% staff discount to use in any of our 300+ shops on a great range of food and household essentials.
- A smart uniform.
- Free life assurance.
- Workplace pension.
As one of our shop managers you will:
- Lead by example, and get stuck in with the day to day tasks involved in running one of our busy shops.
- Motivate and inspire your team to run an efficient shop and provide a great service to our customers.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, induction and ongoing development of your team, through coaching, mentoring and providing feedback, developing a pipeline of talent for our business.
- Be fully accountable for the shop and responsible for ensuring that customers are looked after, deliveries are worked quickly and shop routines are completed to maintain a safe, clean and tidy shop.
- Take responsibility for controlling key shop costs including shrinkage, waste and payroll to achieve all KPI’s, reporting directly to your area manager.
- Meet standards in relation to customer service, cash handling, health & safety, stock management, merchandising and presentation.
You will need:
- A friendly, positive, hardworking approach to work.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate people in a busy and challenging environment
- To be a ‘people person’ who finds it easy to get on with everyone and is able to build strong working relationships with the people you work with.
- To be trustworthy and reliable as you will be an important part of a small team. Your team and customers will depend upon you to do your job to the best of your ability at all times.
- Experience as a manager or assistant manager.
More than just a job:
There are many long-term opportunities for a career at Farmfoods. We have some great training programmes in place and always look to promote to area manager positions from within. Many people in senior management and central services positions at Farmfoods started their careers in our shops so this could be the start of a rewarding career for you.
A bit about us:
Farmfoods are a family business with ambition. We pride ourselves on offering our customers great value, quality products from clean and tidy shops with the friendliest team in retail.
We aim to offer sensational value to customers on a great range of everyday family oriented goods. We back up our sensational value with a focus on delivering an ‘old fashioned’, genuine and friendly customer experience.
Our shop managers are an important members of the shop team providing support to a small team of retail assistants and their duty managers, and ensuring that their shops run smoothly and efficiently to provide great service to our customers.
Position: SM, Hours: 45, Days: 5