Domestic Assistant (night shifts)
- £23,362 to £25,368 per annum
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 787994302
- Posted February, 09, 2024 5:29 PM
Domestic Assistant (night shift) Forth Valley Royal Hospital 30.63 hours – 2045 – 0600 hours, 3 days on 3 days off Salary £23,362.00 - £25,368.00, plus night shift enhancement plus basic Serco benefits The department...
Domestic Assistant (night shift)
Forth Valley Royal Hospital
30.63 hours – 2045 – 0600 hours, 3 days on 3 days off
Salary £23,362.00 - £25,368.00, plus night shift enhancement plus basic Serco benefits
The department is responsible for maintaining a clean and healthy, safe and caring environment for patients, visitors and staff. It is an established multi skilled department responsible for providing a high quality and cost effective service that complements the patient experience. It retains the flexibility to respond positively to improvements in the service delivery solution.
The Domestic Assistant will play a pivotal role in ensuring patient satisfaction in the hospital. Component parts of the role will include the delivery of cleaning, catering and housekeeping services to an agreed standard within clinical areas and departments. Domestic staff will be flexible and can be either allocated to a ward or department areas or to geographical areas.
- Delivery of cleaning, and customer services to an agreed standard as defined in the service level specification within agreed clinical areas, departments and public areas.
- Clean to a hygienic standard following work procedures that incorporate all quality standards laid down by the Client or Serco and Environmental Audits
- Complete the domestic work methods as trained and instructed
- Empty, dispose and replace clinical and domestic waste as directed and ensure that waste is disposed of correctly
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and infection control standards
- Participate as a full member of the wider team supporting colleagues and working flexibly to assist other members of the team
- Support the Housekeeper with a range of catering duties during mealtimes
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Effective communication with all levels of staff
- Assisting and liaison with Team Leaders
- Comply with the policies on Health & Safety, COSHH and other statutory legislation
- Reporting on the facilities general condition and repair in terms of maintenance reporting and hazards
- Present a flexible, helpful and professional image at all times
What you will need for the role:
- Good communication skills.
- Shows initiative and self motivation.
- Awareness of service image.
- Physically fit.
- Attention to detail.
- Risk Assessment awareness
- Flexible attitude to working times and methods.
- Customer focus
- BICSs training to Operator Proficiency Certificate Level 1 (OPC L1)
- Basic Food Hygiene Certification
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Site Orientation and Corporate Induction
- Customer care
- Fire Safety
No formal experience is required as all staff will undertake a range of compulsory training courses prior to and during employment to ensure maintenance of high quality standards. Range of routine work procedures.
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Simply Health Plans, and more.
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure, and Hospitality discounts.
- A fantastic culture and supportive team where you’ll get the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Company discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Interesting and enjoyable work.
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the ‘Ban the Box’ pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.