Assistant Manager - Financial Control (6month FTC)
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 221637
- Posted February, 09, 2024 5:40 PM
Job Description This is a 6 month fixed term contract. What you need to do Be responsible for the financial control activities for specific products or services, including the daily interface from outsourced providers’ systems...
This is a 6 month fixed term contract.
What you need to do
- Be responsible for the financial control activities for specific products or services, including the daily interface from outsourced providers’ systems to the Sainsbury’s Bank General Ledger (GL), journal preparation, balance sheet substantiation and reconciliation controls
- Support the preparation of monthly management reports and analytical review
- Design and implement financial processes and controls in support of business change initiatives, including product developments, system migrations etc.
- Production of disclosures and analysis for inclusion in the Bank’s monthly management accounts and Group consolidation packs
- Assist in the preparation of the Bank’s IFRS financial statements and support the external audit process
- Support the delivery of process improvements in the team, looking for opportunities to increase efficiency
What you need to know and show
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant (depending on experience)
- Experience of finance operations/reporting/control (gained in industry or practice)
- Exposure to banking/financial services sector would be particularly valuable, although not essential
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong PC skills, with an emphasis on Excel. Previous exposure to Oracle General Ledger would be useful but not essential
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent team player with ability to working closely with others to deliver results
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills