Food Services Assistant
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 219024
- Posted February, 09, 2024 5:43 PM
Job Description Love food and preparing great quality products for customers? As a Food Services Assistant you’ll be doing exactly that! One day you might be helping out in the bakery, or if you work...
Love food and preparing great quality products for customers? As a Food Services Assistant you’ll be doing exactly that! One day you might be helping out in the bakery, or if you work in one of our stores with a café or hot food counter, you could be serving coffees or preparing pizzas. Either way, you’ll be tuned in to what our customers want and make sure they’re receiving an experience that will really keep them coming back.
You don’t need to bring any previous food or retail experience because we’ll teach you everything you need to know. What matters is that you have a passion for food and delivering exceptional customer service. Whilst not essential, an understanding of technology and sales, will help get customers excited about our products.
We aim to make everyone who joins us be the best they can be and are committed to being a fully inclusive retailer where our customers love to shop, and our colleagues love to work!
Alongside a market leading rate of pay, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – 10% discount off on your shopping at Sainsbury’s, Argos, Tu and Habitat after four weeks. This increases to 15% discount off at Sainsbury’s every Friday and Saturday, and 15% off at Argos every pay day.
- Free food and hot drinks provided for Colleagues in all our stores.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares monthly from your gross salary to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing support and guidance on a wide range of issues.