Graduate Engineering Apprentice- Dumbarton
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: JR12030
- Posted February, 09, 2024 6:19 PM
Do you want to join a global company and get experience working on a variety of power generation and HVAC products including some of the latest innovations? How about working on projects across the UK...
Do you want to join a global company and get experience working on a variety of power generation and HVAC products including some of the latest innovations? How about working on projects across the UK but also abroad? If this sounds exciting, you could join us as an engineering apprentice …
We're the global leader in providing energy solutions that help businesses grow and communities thrive.
We work as a team and we’re proud of the difference we make to customers, to local communities, and towards a sustainable future for the world.
Aggreko in Europe
Across Europe, we electrify events from Glastonbury to Hellfest, the Ryder Cup to the Commonwealth Games. And we're helping customers to reduce their environmental impact too, using solar energy and batteries and swapping out diesel for biofuel.
Our modern engineering apprentice scheme:
Our apprenticeship programmes are a great way to earn while you learn. We offer you the ideal mix of developing hands-on engineering experience in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment alongside gaining a formal engineering qualification. You’ll follow a four-year programme linked to a course of study at Glasgow Caledonian University, which will, at a minimum, lead to the attainment of a BEng (Hons) Engineering: Design and Manufacture qualification.
Working alongside our manufacturing, engineering and wider operations team, you will be involved in the design, development and validation of our Global products such as generators, fluid chillers, air conditioning units, heaters, and boilers.
Why join us as an apprentice?
- Our programme is designed to give you a wide variety of professional experiences. You’ll work in an Aggreko depot and client sites, with opportunities to also support at world-class events.
- Although we're sixty years old, it doesn't feel like it when you work here. You can expect the professionalism and high standards of a larger company – yet you won’t be pigeon-holed into a narrow role.
- The sense of teamwork is unique – ‘together’ is one of our core values – and we make sure people feel welcome and included, so they can be themselves at work.
What we’re looking for:
- You will need 4 National 5’s (or equivalent qualification) in English, Maths, Physics and one other subject (obtained or predicted grades A-C)
- You will be motivated and keen to learn and develop your career with us.
- We will be looking for you to show us what you enjoy about STEM subjects and how you feel that links with our products and what we do.
- We want you to ask us questions.
Bring your energy. Grow your career. Apply now!
We welcome people from different backgrounds and cultures, and respect people’s unique skills, attitudes and experiences. We encourage everyone to be themselves at work because we know that’s how we do our best, for each other, for our customers, for the communities where we work, and for our careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veterans.