General Assistant - St Peters Primary School
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From £11.89 per hour
- Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: SBO07916
- Posted February, 09, 2024 6:45 PM
Job Details Hourly Rate: £11.89 Living Wage Salary: £22,939.18 pro rata per annum (Living Wage) Hours: 17.5 Contract Duration: Permanent Grade: 1D Scottish Local Government Living Wage Allowance of £11.89 applies to this post This...
Hourly Rate: £11.89 Living Wage
Salary: £22,939.18 pro rata per annum (Living Wage)
Contract Duration: Permanent
Scottish Local Government Living Wage Allowance of £11.89 applies to this post This is a 38 week post, working hours will be during school term only, the salary will be pro-rated accordingly. Please note the salary is advertised is full time (37 Hours per week, 52 weeks per year).
Assist in the preparation, production and service of food as required under the supervision of the Cook and will assist in the promotion of the ethos of Better Eating Better Learning within the school environment.
1. Carry out instructions from Cook on a daily basis
2. Set out dining room furniture where necessary
3. Lay tables for pupils’ lunch where necessary
4. Ensure cleanliness of work area and dining area
5. When instructed take food temperature and enter to appropriate form
6. Serve pupils quickly and efficiently
7. Clear away and dispose of waste food
8. Wash up all crockery, cutlery and containers
9. Clean and wash kitchen and dining room as per daily/weekly cleaning programme check list
10. Dispose of waste and rubbish in tied bags and place in refuse area
11. Any other duties as specified by the Cook.
Elementary Food Hygiene Certificate / RIPHH Certificate or must be willing to achieve within 6 months
Basic numeracy and literacy
Scottish Borders Council is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010. In particular from candidates who assess themselves as having a disability, under the Disability Confident Employer scheme this guarantees an interview to those individuals who meet the essential criteria of the post. All appointments will be made on merit.