Finance Analyst - Commercial Banking Financial Control (12 Month FTC)
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £26,980 to £28,400 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 107715
- Posted February, 10, 2024 4:47 PM
End Date Friday 23 February 2024 Salary Range £26,980 - £28,400 We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Hybrid Working Job Description Summary This is...
End DateFriday 23 February 2024
Salary Range£26,980 - £28,400
Agile Working OptionsHybrid Working
Job Description SummaryThis is a 12 month fixed term contract opportunity.
JOB TITLE: Finance Analyst - Commercial Banking Financial Control
SALARY: £26,980 - £28,400
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days a week) in our Edinburgh office
About this opportunity:
You'll join us in Group Finance Support (“GFS”), a team of c600 colleagues within the Finance Division at Lloyds Banking Group (“LBG”), providing centralised support and expertise to the rest of Finance and the Business.
This role sits within the Commercial Banking Financial Control and Reporting team within GFS, who are responsible for financial control activity for the Commercial Banking division (“CB”) such as income recognition, reconciliation and substantiation of financial data, guardianship of the ledger and ensuring risk are appropriately escalated and resolved.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking candidate to join a Finance team responsible for:
- extracting commercial lending data from underlying source systems
- its recognition in the general ledger
- its substantiation and reconciliation and other financial control processes
If you think all banks are the same, you’d be wrong. We’re an innovative, fast-changing business that’s shaping finance as a force for good. A bank that’s empowering its people to innovate, explore possibilities and grow with purpose.
What you'll need:
- A part-qualified accountant, qualified through experience; or aspiring to pursue an accountancy qualification;
- Good communication skills and the ability to explain certain accounting or system concepts to non-specialists;
- Strong stakeholder management;
- Analytical, with strong attention to detail and ability to work at pace without compromising quality of output;
- Understanding of relevant business systems, along with practical understanding of financial systems and processes;
- A desire to improve existing processes, systems and procedures through continuously challenging what we do and how we do it.
Any experience of these would be really useful
- Financial services experience
- Strong risk awareness
- LBG systems knowledge or knowledge of loan systems in other Financial services organisations
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We’re disability confident. So, if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 24 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that’s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.