Specialist Occupational Therapist
- £37,831 to £46,100 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Personnel Department
- Reference: 178904
- Posted February, 12, 2024 12:00 AM
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able...
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
An exciting opportunity has become available in the Mid Argyll Occupational Therapy Team for a band 6 Occupational Therapist.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Occupational Therapist to join our integrated team working with clients across the Mid Argyll Area.
You would be part of a dynamic and dedicated team providing a client centred, seamless service across the local community from our base in Mid Argyll Hospital. You will be involved in the assessment, rehabilitation and provision of equipment and adaptations for adults with physical disability or illness, including reablement and rapid response work .
You will need to be flexible and able to prioritise and manage your time effectively.
You will be able to provide clinical leadership and support to junior staff and to deputise for the Team Lead as required.
You will play a key part in the support of reablement across the team.
Effective communication skills and multi disciplinary working are essential.
Knowledge and experience of both health and social care OT practice would be advantageous.
You will be supported by and receive clinical supervision from the OT Team Lead.
The organisation is committed to supporting your professional development and you will have regular supervision and performance reviews with access to appropriate training enabling you to provide optimum care. HCPC registration and a full driving licence are essential.
There is access to pool vehicles and temporary accommodation may be available on site.
Mid Argyll Hospital and Integrated Care Centre was opened in 2007, it is classed as a community hospital with semi acute admissions.
It is a bright and modern building situated in the town of Lochgilphead.
It is an integrated care centre as all services e.g. social work, resources, physiotherapy, community nursing, inpatient ward, Outpatients, Accident and Emergency department, GP practice, radiography, Maternity, Scottish Ambulance Service are all on site and accessible.
Lochgilphead is situated on the banks of Loch Fyne, the seafront of Lochgilphead has undergone major regeneration and is now a place where local families can meet.
There is a good bus service to Glasgow and the islands of Gigha, Islay and Jura are on the doorstep with a short ferry journey.
Lochgilphead and the Mid Argyll area are ideal for those who enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle with cycle paths and many forestry walks.
There is a walk way that runs along the banks of the Crinan canal which is used by both locals and passing tourists. There is a swimming pool and fitness centre.
There is one main school in Lochgilphead and this is a joint campus that takes children from 3-18.
Informal enquiries to: Megan Cunningham OT Team Lead
Tel: 01546 703127
What is it like to work for the Health and Social Care Partnership in Argyll and Bute? CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser "Google Chrome" or "Microsoft Edge" when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland
NHS Highland is geographically the largest of the 14 regional boards of NHS Scotland, covering an area of 12,500 square miles, across Highland and Argyll & Bute.
As a board we strive to ensure the environment is conducive to nurturing a positive culture, supported and delivered through our NHS and Social Care values.
Care and compassion
Dignity and respect
Openness, honesty and responsibility
Quality and teamwork
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
71% Match£24,990 to £27,417 per annumFull Time
The people who use our services tell us we’ve changed their lives. Our employees tell us they’re supported, enthusiastic and have opportunities to develop meaningful careers. We’re looking for someone great to join our team...
71% MatchPosted by ScotRailFrom £23,917 per annumFull Time
ON TRAIN HOSPITALITY ASSISTANT LOCATION: INVERNESS Start your journey to a career with Scotrail and explore Scotland’s Railway while delivering a first-class hospitality service to customers from across Scotland and beyond. Come on board and...
71% MatchPosted by Argyll Community Housing Association£23,718 to £24,881 per annumFull Time
Argyll Homes for All is seeking to recruit a full time Labourer to be based in the Oban area. Primarily supporting trade operatives in their work but also working in our void property’s carrying out full clearances, property cleaning, and basic repairs depending on skill set.