Customer Team Leader
Location: Cathedral Square, Dornoch, IV25 3SJ
Pay: £12.10 per hour + great benefits
Contract: 30 hours per week + regular overtime, permanent, part time
Working pattern: varied shifts including early mornings (from 6am), afternoons, late evenings (until 10pm) and weekends, to be discussed at interview
Full training given
You can now apply for this role using your mobile device
You must be aged 18 or over to be a customer team leader at Co-op, as you’ll need to authorise age-related sales.
As a customer team leader at Co-op, you’ll help put our store purpose into practice. You’ll connect people and causes in your local community, provide great service to our customers, and give coaching and support to our colleagues in-store.
In return, we’ll help you to become a purpose driven Co-op leader. You’ll learn how our stores are run, and develop your leadership skills so that when an opportunity to progress comes up, you’re in a great place to grab it.
What you’ll do
• Friendly and thoughtful service – you’ll give friendly, welcoming, easy, helpful and thoughtful service every day, often taking ownership for managing the store and handling challenging situations
• Engage with everyone to succeed together – you’ll build your team’s capability through coaching and training, and create an inclusive culture where everyone feels respected, valued and able to speak their mind
• Make sure the store is safe, legal and operational – you’ll manage diligence checks and stock accuracy to make sure our customers have a quick and easy shopping experience, and support your store manager with HR processes
• Embrace change – you’ll help to lead change in store, working closely with your team to land new ways of working, and encouraging them to provide open and honest feedback on change activities
• Co-operate for a fairer world – you’ll build relationships and get involved with your local community, working closely with your local member pioneer to help them with the development and delivery of their Co-op community plan
This job would suit people who have
• genuine care for the needs of customers and colleagues
• the ability to strike a balance between leading the team and supporting on the shopfloor
• great communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with all kinds of people
• strong organisational and problem solving skills
• a desire to learn, grow and develop your skills
• the flexibility to work a range of shifts
We’ll support your development, and help you to grow your leadership skills, so you can build a career in a business with a purpose beyond profit. You’ll also get package that includes:
• competitive pay and opportunities for overtime
• Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
• premium rates for hours worked before 6am or after 10pm
• flexible shifts/working hours and regular overtime opportunities (we provide rotas to your mobile phone 3 weeks in advance)
• Holidays starting from 36 days per year (includes bank holidays) pro rata for part time
• 30% off Co-op branded products in our food stores
• 10% off other brands all year-round (doubles to 20% on the Friday and Saturday after payday)
• discounts on other Co-op products and services
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• cycle to work scheme
• services to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. We want to build inclusive work environments, where our colleagues have equal opportunities to reach their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We're also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we'll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We'll ask whether you’d like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we’ll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
As part of the application process for this job, you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take around 10 minutes to complete the test.