Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 788124702
- Posted February, 13, 2024 9:41 AM
Core Trainer Hybrid working Arrangement – Remote / Kirkby Office Full Time, Permanent Competitive Salary + Benefits Serco are currently recruiting for a Core Trainer to join our team within Citizen Services. The Core Trainer...
Hybrid working Arrangement – Remote / Kirkby Office
Full Time, Permanent
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Serco are currently recruiting for a Core Trainer to join our team within Citizen Services. The Core Trainer will be responsible for designing and delivering effective and engaging training packages.
As part of the role, you will support and develop Online Trainers to share best practices and to ensure a consistent approach to training is maintained. You will contribute ideas to continuously improve training and development programmes based on both business and stakeholder requirements.
- Ensure the effective delivery of induction, mandatory and specialist training throughout the business, including onsite and virtual delivery
- Design and develop innovative and engaging training programmes in line with the latest customer research
- Support in the development of Online Trainers, ensuring that they deliver exceptional training to all members of staff
- Ensure all training records are kept up to date / are accurate
- Support the Training Manager in managing the training plan and setting expectations to stakeholders to deliver appropriate and timely training to the operation.
- Identify training and development needs within the organisation through regular consultation with Team Managers and Operational Managers
- Carry out TNA and develop new training programmes when required by the operation / client
- Evaluate and continuously improve all training programmes and materials on a regular basis (Regular = minimum requirement, 6 monthly intervals)
What I need to do the role?
- Experience in both facilitation and design of training programmes
- Experience within the Customer Service industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage stakeholders within the business
- Excellent people leadership capability with high emotional intelligence
- Effective Time Management
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint systems
- The role will require occasional travel
What we offer?
- Competitive salaries with annual reviews.
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Thrive App, Simply Health Plans, Annual Leave Purchase Scheme, free flu vaccines and more.
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure, and Hospitality discounts.
- A fantastic culture and supportive team where you’ll get the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Interesting and enjoyable work.
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
We see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates. We’re a proud holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard and we actively encourage applications from females, those with disabilities or from an ethnic minority background.