Derivatives Lawyer - Commercial Banking Legal – Traded Products
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £84,186 to £93,540 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 107738
- Posted February, 13, 2024 11:47 AM
End Date Tuesday 27 February 2024 Salary Range £84,186 - £93,540 We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options Hybrid Working, Job Share Job Description Summary...
End DateTuesday 27 February 2024
Salary Range£84,186 - £93,540
Agile Working OptionsHybrid Working, Job Share
Job Description Summary12 Month Secondment
- JOB TITLE: Derivatives Lawyer - Commercial Banking Legal – - 12 Month FTC
- LOCATION: Edinburgh, Bristol, Chester, Halifax, Leeds or London
- HOURS: Full time
- WORKING PATTERN: This role involves spending up to two days a week, or 40% of your time at one of our office or branch locations and you’ll need to be available to travel across the UK
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a friendly, inclusive and dedicated legal team who work hand in hand with our business to build great customer outcomes!
Please note this is a 12 month FTC.
The Traded Products Legal team in Commercial Banking Legal, provides support to the market's business with this role focussing on financial institutions and fund management business. We embrace collaborative, agile ways of working, to help us deliver the best outcomes for our colleagues, customers and businesses. Join us and discover how this could work for you.
What we need from you !
Reporting to The Head of Legal, you’ll take full responsibility for all aspects of legal support and advice in relation to a broad suite of trading documentation including ISDAs, CSAs, GMRAs, GMSLAs and CDEAs.
You’ll provide specialist and insightful legal, transaction and regulatory advice and support on all matters relating to the market's business, including engagement with other internal legal teams and leading any escalations.
In addition, you’ll also be encouraged to provide ad hoc support to other business areas where there is strategic alignment with the market's business.
You’ll have solid experience in derivative and/or repo documentation.
- Act as a source of professional expertise and be a trusted advisor to business partners
- Deliver technical input to positively influence transactions, product development and projects of significance for the relevant businesses and the Group and supervise others in doing the same
- Identify and mitigate legal risk, which will include emerging risks and legal horizon-scanning
- Identify, formulate, co-ordinate and communicate policies, procedures and controls to ensure that each businesses’ exposure to legal risk is effectively led, within the Group’s risk management framework
- Support on the review and resolution of risk events and redress and remediation programmes
- Develop and maintain precedent documentation
- Influence the appropriate use of the Bank’s Legal Panel firms
- Positively influence others by demonstrating the core LBG values and behaviours
- You’ll be a qualified solicitor.
- You’ll be able to build and maintain external and internal network and relationships to provide appropriate professional advice to achieve relevant business objectives.
- Proven people manager with the ability to lead and co-ordinate the provision of ad hoc services to the business by internal legal colleagues and business service functions.
- You’ll be comfortable challenging and influencing senior business partners and presenting solutions which are easily understood.
- You’ll have an agile approach and be willing to develop in other areas so as to provide support to other businesses/projects that the wider legal teams support, as and when required.
- Positive, proactive and growth mindset with the desire to work across a wide range of matters to not only serve the function and business generally but also to develop professionally.
- Capable of taking on broad scope of responsibility and delivering to conflicting deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, with experience adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
- A good degree of business and legal acumen and the ability to deliver pragmatic advice and guidance, even in times of ambiguity.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity, or culture. We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative. And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups. We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that’s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.