Social Worker, Strathbrock Partnership Centre, 477.36
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £42,083 to £46,193 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: WEL07943
- Posted February, 13, 2024 1:08 PM
Requirements Social Worker - Community Mental Health Team We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including...
Social Worker - Community Mental Health Team
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
West Lothian Council are committed to far reaching changes to the way we deliver our Education Services. These changes include giving you the support and environment that you need to get on with your job and develop your abilities. Our dedication is demonstrated by the whole council achievement of the Investors in People Standard and always aiming a little higher in our service delivery and improvements.
To provide social work duties within the CMHT which works as part of the West Lothian Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP). The post is based within the CMHT at Strathbrock Partnership Centre and is part of social policy services which works closely with NHS mental health services in West Lothian.
The social worker duties include:
- Working with a range of adult service users, although the worker will primarily work with service users with a mental illness.
- To assess and manage risk under Adult Protection
- To undertake a range of assessments including SDS and ASP.
- To deliver these services in accordance with current legislation and council policies, procedures and
Principal Accountabilities/Key Tasks
- To provide information and advice regarding eligibility for services arranged under Self Directed Support
- To provide a range of information and advice in response to
- To undertake basic and comprehensive assessments of need within the framework of Council Service Standards
- To carry out risk assessments and carry out investigations with regard to Adult Support and Protection legislation and to monitor and review Adult Support and Protection
- To produce, in active collaboration with service users, carers and other appropriate agencies, relevant care plans under Self Directed Support Procedures
- To negotiate with a range of providers both internal and external to the Council.
- To develop packages of care to achieve identified outcomes in partnership with service users under Self Directed Support
- To record appropriate information in accordance with data protection legislation and departmental policies, procedures and
- To perform the tasks appropriate to the role of Care Manager as defined by Community Services, West Lothian
- To identify unmet need and ensure this is reported using current
- To be aware of current welfare benefit entitlements in order to maximise service user income whenever
- In all of the above tasks to empower, enable and promote choice for service users and their
- To participate in appropriate training and effectively utilise the information technology in
- To maintain up-to-date awareness of the range of resources/providers of service available both locally and
- To participate in formal consultation and supervision sessions as
- To participate actively in all team activities, including team development, training and team
- When required, to participate in a range of forums as a representative of Social Work
- To undertake other such appropriate duties as shall be determined by the Head of Social Policy
Candidates should have experience of working with this client group. A MHO certificate is desirable, although not essential. Qualifications BA in Social Work or other approved recognised Social Work qualification.
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC. If you are already registered with SSSC you will be required to add West Lothian Council to your account
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Counci
74% MatchPosted by Midlothian Council£21,208 to £22,128 per annumFull Time
Job Description The job holder must be motivated, reliable and have an understanding of core values which are fundamental to the outcomes of this role. The job holder will support to the physical, emotional and...