Engineering Services Shift Technician
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- £30,229 to £37,664 per annum
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 788101602
- Posted February, 13, 2024 4:15 PM
Engineering Services Shift Technician Forth Valley Royal Hospital Full Time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week) 6-Week Rotational Shift Pattern £30,229- £37664 per annum plus benefits (plus on call & shift allowance) Here at Serco, we’re...
Engineering Services Shift Technician
Forth Valley Royal Hospital
Full Time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
6-Week Rotational Shift Pattern
£30,229- £37664 per annum plus benefits (plus on call & shift allowance)
Here at Serco, we’re looking for an Engineering Services Shift Technician to join us at Forth Valley Royal Hospital, Larbert. Forth Valley Royal Hospital has 860 beds and covers a single approximately 95,000 square meters in floor space. The Technician will participate in the 24 hours rotational shift roster while having the ability to be adaptable and flexible to carry out work including activities which are multi-skilled, complex and/or non routine.
The successful candidate will be responsible for fault finding on a wide range of engineering plant and equipment and will undertake maintenance, servicing, repairs, minor improvement, and capital work across the hospital as directed by Estates management, ensuring compliance with safety standards and procedures.
You will provide multi-skilled engineering expertise across various mechanical and electrical equipment and fabric, providing cross trade work to the service and perform engineering maintenance work including activities which are complex and/or non-routine.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide responsive day to day maintenance services for all buildings services, plant, equipment, pest control and grounds in accordance with agreed customer services and quality standards and will be responsible for the continuity of life critical mechanical and electrical services systems and supplies throughout the hospital.
- Actively participate in the operation of engineering planned preventative maintenance schemes.
- Actively participate in the operation of the CAFM including completion of all work orders, record sheets and log books as required.
- Undertake essential repair works, planned preventative maintenance, calibration and fault diagnostics.
- Work in accordance with the requirements of the Scottish Health Technical Memorandum (SHTMs) Medical Gases SHTM 02-01 , Water safety for healthcare premises 04-01 , Ventilation for healthcare premises 03-01.
What you’ll need to do the role:
- H&V Systems
- LTHW Systems
- DHW Systems
- BMS engineering maintenance
- Completion of a structured training programme
- Previous experience of working within the NHS
- Knowledge of Health Technical Memoranda
- General awareness of other engineering maintenance related statutory legislation
- High level of knowledge and understanding of electrical/mechanical services/systems and working knowledge of other associated trades.
- Familiarity with approved guidance documents
Meaningful and vital work: Working within Hard FM at Serco means that you’ll play a critical role in ensuring that patients continue to receive the support that they need 24/7.
A world of opportunity: It takes a diverse team to support a hospital and we’re big on internal progression. So, whether you specialise your skills, progress into team management or move into operations, you’ll find all the opportunity you need to evolve your career.
Great people: Hospitals are busy places and you will find yourself interacting with staff, patients, visitors and of course your supportive team. You will be a significant part of the hospital.
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- The chance to make a positive difference to the wider public.
- Interesting, varied and enjoyable work.
- A company that recognises your contribution.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the ‘Ban the Box’ pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.
73% MatchPosted by G4SFull Time
Location: South West Glasgow Hours: 40 hour per week with additional Callout/Standy Competitive Salary An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Security Systems Engineer, predominantly installing, servicing, and maintaining a large geographically spread CCTV system...
71% Match PopularPosted by ScotRailFrom £23,917 per annumFull Time
ON TRAIN HOSPITALITY ASSISTANT LOCATION: FORT WILLIAM Start your journey to a career with Scotrail and explore Scotland’s Railway while delivering a first-class hospitality service to customers from across Scotland and beyond. Come on board...
71% MatchPosted by ScotRailFrom £23,917 per annumFull Time
ON TRAIN HOSPITALITY ASSISTANT LOCATION: EDINBURGH Start your journey to a career with Scotrail and explore Scotland’s Railway while delivering a first-class hospitality service to customers from across Scotland and beyond. Come on board and...