Technical Project Manager
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 765549002
- Posted February, 13, 2024 4:15 PM
Technical Project Manager Forth Valley Royal Hospital Larbert, FK5 4EB Full Time, Permanent (39 hours per week) Monday – Friday (may be required to participate in on-call roster and AP responsibilities depending on discipline) Here...
Technical Project Manager
Forth Valley Royal Hospital
Larbert, FK5 4EB
Full Time, Permanent (39 hours per week)
Monday – Friday (may be required to participate in on-call roster and AP responsibilities depending on discipline)
Here at Forth Valley Royal Hospital, we currently have an opportunity for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our Estates team. The Estates Department provides the hospital with a comprehensive, planned, reactive maintenance service including Life Cycle and Project Work to the electrical, mechanical, and building fabric.
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for managing the timely delivery of Engineering project works which will include the planning and delivery of elements of the annual life cycle replacement programme, minor new works service, capital works to agreed value, provide interface with the SPV and the Board and supporting the Life Cycle Manager in the effective running of the Life Cycle Service.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Project management of individual life cycle replacement schemes, minor new works, and capital works, to include coordination, programming, and financial control to stringent requirements of both timescales and costs.
- The preparation of tender documentation and evaluation of tender returns for Life Cycle, Minor New Works, and Capital Works.
- Provide reports detailing the asset condition and any work necessary to maintain the Hospital estates at the appropriate designated maintenance standard.
- Carry out environmental and estate condition audits to identify asset conditions and future maintenance requirements.
- Assist in the formulation of a 2-year forward lifecycle replacement plan detailing the prioritisation of works and estimated costs on a rolling programme.
- Commissioning and management of project consultants, architects, and consulting engineers to form seamless professional multi-disciplinary teams.
- Carry out Authorised/Responsible Person duties appropriate to the discipline.
- Technical and managerial support in the delivery of the Trusts capital works programme pre and post design evaluation, on site supervision of elements of the capital schemes.
What you’ll need to do the role:
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject leading to a professional qualification or equivalent knowledge, skill, and experience.
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity in mechanical engineering or project management.
- Experience and knowledge of building services and M&E design requirements.
- Computer literate, particularly in the use of project and fiscal management software tools.
- Experience of building services within a hospital would be advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Consistent approach to problem solving.
- Able to organise own work and activities of a team.
- Adaptable and flexible approach, able to meet the needs of the department.
Meaningful and vital work: Working within a Hospital at Serco means that you’ll play a critical role in ensuring that patients continue to receive the support that they need 24/7.
A world of opportunity: It takes a diverse team to support a hospital and we’re big on internal progression. So, whether you specialise your skills, progress into team management or move into operations, you’ll find all the opportunity you need to evolve your career.
Great people: Hospitals are busy places and you will find yourself interacting with staff, patients, visitors and of course your supportive team. You will be a significant part of the hospital.
What we offer
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- The chance to make a positive difference to the wider public.
- Interesting, varied and enjoyable work.
- A company that recognises your contribution.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the ‘Ban the Box’ pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.
72% MatchPosted by Royal Mail GroupFull Time
Job reference number 303706 Central Engineering Lead - BC8 - National Competitive salary £4,800 car allowance or £4,300 annual cash equivalent Full family private healthcare Annual bonus potential Generous annual leave offering of 27.5 days,...
72% MatchPosted by G4SFull Time
Location: South West Glasgow Hours: 40 hour per week with additional Callout/Standy Competitive Salary An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Security Systems Engineer, predominantly installing, servicing, and maintaining a large geographically spread CCTV system...
71% Match£22,663 to £22,944 per annumFull Time
The people who use our services tell us we’ve changed their lives. Our employees tell us they’re supported, enthusiastic and have opportunities to develop meaningful careers. We’re looking for someone great to join our team.
71% Match£24,990 to £27,417 per annumFull Time
The people who use our services tell us we’ve changed their lives. Our employees tell us they’re supported, enthusiastic and have opportunities to develop meaningful careers. We’re looking for someone great to join our team...